Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Regina

First thought was Mean Girls.
    That aside, I don't mind it. Gina is a cute nn. Reggie could be a really quirk nn for a tomboy.
    BABY FINALLY DUE 6 October after 2 Years of IVF

Current favourite boy names: Oliver Thomas Henry William Alexander Flynn Liam Hugo Isaac Leo Micah Bennett Nikolai Reid Edward nn Ned Gus Tobias Austin
    Current favourite girl names: Phoebe Matilda Charlotte Eliza Violet Sophie Annabelle Ruby Cleo Rose Kate Felicity Grace Jade Eloise

Quote Originally Posted by liana View Post
    Oh my. I didn't know it rhymed with Vagina. I've never heard of that pronunciation, only Re-Gee-Na.
    That could be a problem.., but I am in Australia so...
    I'm from Australia too and I don't think any one here would associate Regina with Vagina because they are pronounced differently here so I wouldn't worry about that I think it's a very usable name here!
    Also my first thought was mean girls but it wasn't a negative thought so I don't see that as a problem
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by moonkai View Post
    It makes me think of Regina Spektor, who IMO is one of the most fabulously weird songstresses out there.

I like it. I think it is cute and fresh.

I second this

"Regina George is flawless. I hear her hair is insured for $10,000"

No, I don't mind the Mean Girls association...like a pp said, if anything, it makes the name look wearable today. It sounds like it's said with the gee not the gye most places outside of Canada, so I wouldn't be that worried about teasing....plus loads of cute nickname options if she ever did want to avoid it: Reggie, Gigi, Gina... I like it.
    mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13

Since my students quote Mean Girls on a daily basis (seriously, it's like a HS cult classic right now... I even have girls who wear pink on Wednesdays... I kid you not), I did think Mean Girls, but who cares? I don't mind the association at all. Regina is also a main character in the TV show Once Upon a Time that is currently on TV.

I like the name.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014