Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Regina

personally, I say it as Reh-gyne-ah, which sounds a lot like Vagina, and I'm sure other teens would think the same. Basically, if a girl named Barbra Jean (who was in my class) could be turned into an oral sex act, I'm sorry to say that, depending on where you live, someone will pronounce it as Vagina.
    17. name lover. hoping to have kids of my own one day.

Little Ladies:
    Lucie Olivia|Audrey Nicole|Bryony Elise|Elsie Rose|Sienna Louise|Felicity Noelle|Clara Danielle|Evangeline Claire|Liliana Kate|Larissa Maeve|Fallon Rosalie|Tessa Violet

Little Gentlemen:
    Joshua Thomas|Cameron Patrick|Bryson Andrew|Brogan Oliver|Anthony Joel|Jamie William|Adam Michael|Landon Christopher|Dylan Robert|Charlie James

I really like the name, and I think it's uncommon and classic.
    The only thing is, I have a friend with that name and immature boys used to tease her because the name sort of sounds like the female counterpart. I know, teenage boys will be teenage boys, but it is something to keep in mind.

Best wishes

Juliet, Arabella, Willow, Camilla, Genevieve, Lorelai, Clarice, Emmeline, Isla, Giselle, Eloise, Amelia, Mabel, Eliora, Aurelia, Emalina, Maëlys, Lumina, Lavender, Seraphina

Jeremy, Declan, Camden, Leo, Luca, Oliver, Rhys, Griffin, Milo, Micah, Yves, Rémy, Theo, Jasper, Gavin, Anders, Samson, Félix, Ollivander, Maxim

when I think of Regina, I think of the character in the "Once Upon A Time" series. It still sounds interesting, though. You can call her Gina or Reggie, and Reggie was a character in the TV show Rocket Power. I like it. It sounds interesting. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ciarasmummy View Post
    Personally, I don't like it at all, and I think Mean Girls ties wouldn't be a problem, since a baby born now's generation wouldn't be familiar with it, but I do think that in early sex ed classes, Regina could become a female body part, (when I lived in Canada, I was 10, and Regina,Saskatchewan became Vagina, Saskatchewan)
    That's because of how you guys pronounce it. Here in the United States, it's pronounced Re-GEEN-a, like the name Gina with a "Re" in front of it, so I doubt it'll be a problem.

To the original poster -- I like the name. I think it's underused, but I like a few of its variants more (especially Regis and Regan).

Quote Originally Posted by haleyalannahxo View Post
    personally, I say it as Reh-gyne-ah, which sounds a lot like Vagina
    Then you're pronouncing it wrong. If someone's going to pronounce a name wrong just to make fun of it, they can do that to just about any name.