Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adele

Adele

My boyfriend just brought up the name Adele yesterday. I have always loved the name, but I never suggested it because I did not think he would go for it. We are not planning on having a baby for a few years, but we love discussing names. So, what do you think of the name Adele in general? How does Adele Maurine sound? Maurine honors my mother. Any other middle name suggestions using a variant of the name "Ann"? Thanks!

-Emily

Re: Adele

Adele is great. You have the British singer who is amazing, Beyonce is quoted as saying listening to Adele sing is "like listening to God". And then you have William the Conqueror's daughter, sometimes called Adela or Adele depending on the source you're reading, who was known as Princess Adele of the English (this was before the England we know today existed). She was also a countess and mother to King Stephen. In case you couldn't tell, I'm a big nerd.

I love the pretty French name Adele. It romantic and exotic at the same time. Even though the names are both two syllables, Adele Maurine is ok especially if it honors your mother. Here are some "Ann" middle name options from various cultures to go with Adele. All the best!
    Adele Hannah
    Adele Nina
    Adele Anais
    Adele Anouk
    Adele Anita
    Adele Annika
    Adele Annalie
    Adele Ninette
    Adele Anoushka
    Adele Anneliese
    Adele Anya
    Adele Annabeth
    Adele Annora
    Adele Annette
    Adele Anne Marie
    Adele Nanette
    Adele Anne-Aymone
    Adele Ninon
    Adele Annaleigh
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I love the name Adele! It's one of my favorites, especially because of Jane Eyre. Adele Maurine sounds great too, particularly if it honors your mother.

Here are some Ann options:
    Adele Annika
    Adele Anais
    Adele Annaliese
    Adele Annabella/Anabella
    Adele Anna
    Adele Anya
    Adele Nan
    Adele Nannette
    Adele Anona
    Adele Annabeth
    Adele Ninon
    Adele Nanon
    Adele Anoushka
    Adele Nona
    Adele Nina
    Adele Annette
    Adele Anne
    Adele Anoush
    Adele Ninor
    Adele Nonie

Sorry for any repeats.

Adele is gorgeous! Great associations, too-- the singer, Jane Eyre, and the historical Princess Adele. Would names containing Ann work, too? Like Susanna or Annora? Adele Susanna would be gorgeous.
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander