Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I think Calla is beautiful! It may present some difficulties. It is essentially "call-a". Whatever her surname is or may become could present difficulties with her name being Calla.

Variations of Lily:

Lila/Lilac
    Lillia/Lillie
    Lilium (the genus name of many lilies. Not really a name used, but I kind of love it.)
    Liliana

Names meaning Lily:
    Kielo (Finnish: lily of the valley)
    Lys (French)
    Susan/Susana/Susannah (Hebrew)
    Yuri (Japanese)

Names that could derive Calla:
    Calliope
    Callista
    Callixta
    Camilla/Camille
    Carmella
    Caroliana/Carolina/Caroline

If you love Calla you should use it. It's a wonderful name.

I think you should name her Calla. It's nice name, serious and natural. Calla could be nod to Carolyn, but if you named her Caroline and call her Calla - that will be contrived.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

I really, really like Calla. Beautiful name and beautiful meaning (or meaning beautiful, to be specific). I also agree, Calla can be a nod to Caroline.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

I love the name Calla and think it is a fantastic alternative to overused Lily! I don't think it's too 'out-there' at all!
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

Glad you've gotten positive comments about Calla as it's my DD's name and we love it. It suits her and everyone seems to like it. We do call her Calli at times. Only problem we've had in Finland is our pronunciation is different that the Finnish form Kalla. I've met one little Finnish Kalla and I have to be careful that I don't say 'kala' which is fish in Finnish. All 3 are pronounced differently and I sometimes don't get the Finnish form right.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.