Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

I need help! Not loving any girl names.

My partner and I have our boy names picked out. Our first son will be named Emrys or Walter, and we'll decide which one he looks like more when he arrives. We love both equally! But girl names are soooo hard. I love Sofia and Alice, which my partner also really likes, but Sofia is too popular for me (he doesn't care about popularity), and Alice is my best friend's favorite name, and I really don't want to take it from her. I'd be really sad if she took Emrys or Walter.

I need suggestions please! Nothing TOO popular. And the last name is really long, so I'd prefer names that aren't too long.

Thank you!
    Last edited by emrys; April 22nd, 2013 at 09:14 PM.

Wow, those are all really different names to me! Sofia is really feminine and Alice is kinda no-nonsense, Emrys is really unusual and Walter is kinda old fashioned. But I guess in general they're all (with the exception of Emrys, which, even as name-obsessed as I am, I've never even heard of!) pretty classic, so here's some suggestions.

Clara*
    Margaret
    Annie
    Amelia* (that's getting into popular territory, but not top 10)
    Evelyn
    Alexandra
    Naomi
    Nora/Norah
    Hazel*
    Virginia
    Cecelia
    Beatrice
    Vivian
    Caroline*
    Josephine
    Laurel

I starred the ones I like best for you. Have you thought about middles yet?
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by alphabetdem View Post
    Wow, those are all really different names to me! Sofia is really feminine and Alice is kinda no-nonsense, Emrys is really unusual and Walter is kinda old fashioned. But I guess in general they're all (with the exception of Emrys, which, even as name-obsessed as I am, I've never even heard of!) pretty classic, so here's some suggestions.
    I know, my style is very eclectic. I typically only like names not in the top 1000, but then Walter just felt right and that was that! Sofia and Alice aren't really my style exactly, but I like the feel of both of them. Before I hit my slump with girl names, my favorites were Sunniva, Theodora, Georgiana, Guinevere, Delphine. But I didn't like how long they are with Emrys and Walter.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabetdem View Post
    Have you thought about middles yet?
    The most likely middle names will be either Elinor, Elinor Missoula, or Merida. I've though about Elinor Merida as a double middle name as well, but I'm not sure on the flow!

Well, for the record, I worked with a girl named Georgiana, and it was very wearable. Her nickname was Georgie. Georgiana Elinor is a big name for sure, but very pretty. My fn and ln are both on the shorter side and it always felt like not enough name, so I'm ok with long names. I think Theodora or Georgiana with Walter would be a cute subset, personally.
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin