Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eve / Snow Middle Name Problems

I'm really liking the idea of Eve as a middle, because my due date is Christmas Eve. BUT, we are likely using a first name ending in and "e" sound. Is it going to sound terrible? Our top names with Eve:

Amy Eve
    Annie Eve
    Sadie Eve
    Maggie Eve

I have considered "Evie" as a first name, but I'm worried it would be pronounced eh-vie instead of ee-ve (my preferred prn), does that make sense?

Another possibility I really like is using Snow as a middle, BUT my current favorite is Sadie. And my husband immediate called her THE S.S. Ourlastname. Plus, it's a lot of s sound. So, I don't know.

Other middle names we like are Mae (after husband's Grandma Margaret), Kate, and Rose. Should I avoid Eve? Only use Snow for something other than Sadie? Any other ideas for me? Thanks!

I love the name Evie as a stand alone first name! I would definitely only pronounce it as ee-ve and don't see why people would mess that up. I think Evie Rose sounds good. Not sure how I feel about Snow though. Another christmas name that I love is Noelle!

I don't think the -ee ending sound works with Eve as a middle. I like your names. They just don't work with Eve. Which sucks because I love Eve too. :-(

I am an alliteration fan, and I LOVE Sadie Snow. I think it's glorious. Idk if the S.S. will be problematic or not. That's your call. But I'd probably do it. It's beautiful and cute at the same time.

I love Eve as a first name, but I dislike the name Evie. Still, being totally objective even if you want to call her Evie, I would name her Eve officially and call her that. You and she both will be glad you did when she gets older and has the option of a proper first with a bit more gravitas.

That said, if you do decide on Evie as a first I don't see any pronunciation problems. I feel pretty confident that most will see it and say EE-vee.

Although my taste is not exactly the same as yours I really like your style and think you're gonna come up with something really good. I would encourage you though to keep thinking outside the box with middles. Snow and Eve are awesome, but May and Rose and Kate feel a bit tired, frankly. Other one syllable middles you might consider are Liv and Faye. Sadie Faye is adorable.

Good luck!

If the last name is long, then some of these are possible. If your last name is short. I would find either a longer first name or middle name.
    Maggie and Kate are such a nicknams . The rest are fine. I don't think they sound good with Eve though. I like
    Robyn Eve
    Anna Eve
    Rose Eve nn Rosie
    Grace Eve nn Gracie

Holly Eve
    Ivy Snow
    Mary Snow
    Molly Snow
    Lily Eve
    I don't Sadie Snow seems ok. Not sure one way or the other.

How about Margaret Eve nn Maggie?