Ciara Alison Grace and
    Merida
    Bronwyn
    Rhiannon
    Gemma
    Genevieve
    Seraphina
    Isla

I'd probably avoid Kiana as its really similar to Ciara.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    But... Frank McCourt is Irish and they're Irish names... so... I don't really know what else I can say. Good luck on your name search anyway
    Once again, I'd like to point out that my daughter is 4 years old, and she's grown up with key-ar-ah, do not appreciate you telling me my daughter's name is wrong, that's not even what was being asked here. Americans seem to say it as See-ar-ah, going to tell them that they're saying it wrong as well?
    Ciara Alison Grace (age 4)

Favourite Names:

Emmeline, Juliette, Danielle, Mirabelle, Seraphina, Violet, Valerie, Merida
    Duncan, Declan, Landon, Jake, Liam, Patrick, Finn, Joshua, Adam, Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Double Edit:: This is where my information comes from: http://www.babynamesofireland.com/irish-girl-names Obvs, scroll down to Ciara to hear Frank McCourt pronounce it. It lists Ciara as the Gaelic name and Keira and Kira as English spellings.
    Oh my GOD, can we please start a campaign to make Alan Rickman do this for English names?????
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Just wanted to jump in on this thread. The only (Irish ) Ciara I know is pronounced (Key-ar-rah) and as for the whole Bronwen / Bronwyn thing. Yes, the wyn /wen this is a male/ female distinction, but I am Welsh and have never met a Bronwen, but lots of Bronwyns- none of whom were male. As another poster said, names evolve over time . In earlier times Maria was pronounced Mary-ah
    and if were sticklers for male/female word rules Gwyneth, Gwyneira and the like would in fact be male names.

Quote Originally Posted by penelope83 View Post
    Just wanted to jump in on this thread. The only (Irish ) Ciara I know is pronounced (Key-ar-rah) and as for the whole Bronwen / Bronwyn thing. Yes, the wyn /wen this is a male/ female distinction, but I am Welsh and have never met a Bronwen, but lots of Bronwyns- none of whom were male. As another poster said, names evolve over time . In earlier times Maria was pronounced Mary-ah
    and if were sticklers for male/female word rules Gwyneth, Gwyneira and the like would in fact be male names.

thank you very much for bringing this up!
    Ciara Alison Grace (age 4)

Favourite Names:

Emmeline, Juliette, Danielle, Mirabelle, Seraphina, Violet, Valerie, Merida
    Duncan, Declan, Landon, Jake, Liam, Patrick, Finn, Joshua, Adam, Andrew