Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Georgia on my mind

Hi all,
    DH and I are TTC, so I've been thinking about our list again. I mentioned Georgia to DH the other day and surprisingly enough he loved it. I *think* I love it, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to use it on my child. Do you think this name has a lot of teasing potential? I know it's a pretty classic name, but we live in a small community in the Midwest where most people use names like Lilly, McKenzie, and other more popular options.

The other issue I have with it is that we are having a hard time choosing a middle name. At one point we had said that we would like all our children to have a biblical name somewhere in their name, but I don't know of one that flows well with Georgia. Also, if there isn't one we like or like the meaning of, then I don't see the point in forcing that theme. Any suggestions on biblical names or just regular names? We'be already used Elizabeth. Thanks!
    Mommy to Mae Elizabeth

TTC and currently loving:
    Jude, Thatcher, Flynn, & Phineas
    Pearl, Georgia, Penelope, Wren, & Lark

I adore the name Georgia...and I don't think it has any more teasing potential than other names. IMO, kids tease each other about ANY name. Sure, some can have more potential - names that can be slang for body parts, "stripper" names, "hippie" names...I don't think Georgia is one of those. Why would a Georgia be teased? Because the name is also a state and country? I can't even think of a reason to tease a Georgia.

Biblical names that go well with Georgia: (unfortunately I don't know a TON about biblical characters or meanings, so not sure if these have a nice meaning or not)

Georgia Rachel
    Georgia Ruth (this flow is lovely, but might be too old-fashioned together)
    Georgia Eve
    Georgia Magdalene
    Georgia Miriam
    Georgia Naomi
    Georgia Abigail

I love Georgia! Its very pretty. I don't think it has teasing potential and it's beautiful with Mae. It's quite popular here in the UK so it doesn't sound strange to my ears at all. Georgia Catherine came to mind with Mae Elizabeth, or how about:
    Georgia Eve
    Georgia Ruth
    Georgia Naomi
    Georgia Rebekah
    Georgia Susannah
    Georgia Abigail
    ~ Mama to Juniper and expecting Arlo at the end of May ~

Beautiful Firsts with Family Middles:
    ~ Calypso Susannah "Callie"- Beatrice Winona "Bliss" - Clementina Maybelle "Minnie" - Tallulah Rosalie "Lula" ~
    (Pearl - Celeste - Coralie - Delphine)

~ Zephyr Joseph Yeats - Nathaniel Arthur Miles ~

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm not sure why I feel like she would get teased. Maybe it's more of a concern that people will just dislike the name.

I really like Georgia Ruth, but DH said it was too old lady. He suggested Georgia Love (pretty sure he was kidding..) or Georgia Grace. I don't mind Georgia Grace. I just feel like Grace is too much of a filler. I know Elizabeth is often a filler, but it's my middle name, so for us it was meaningful. If we were to have a second DD, I'd like her name to mean something to us as well.
    Mommy to Mae Elizabeth

TTC and currently loving:
    Jude, Thatcher, Flynn, & Phineas
    Pearl, Georgia, Penelope, Wren, & Lark

Georgia's pretty popular where I live. The only teasing potential I see is if you live in/near to Georgia State but as you say you're in the Midwest I'd imagine you probably don't have much of a connection to it if any at all.

And what about Georgia Ruth?