Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The reasons you give for liking or not liking names are really helpful, thankyou. I also like Abbie as a nickname, though I think I prefer it as Abby.

And I like Suzanna better than Susanna or Susannah, the s just looks weak to me. The same with Elizabeth and Elisabeth, the z version just seems stronger.

Well, almost any name you could probably find some sort of boyish nn if you looked hard enough--Al for Abigail, Cal for Caitlin, Lou for Lucy, Vic for Victoria, Jim for Jemima, Gabe for Gabrielle, Sal for Rosalind, etc. but they are all quite feminine names, so I can't imagine that happening spontaneously.

Is your last name 3 syllables or 2? Usually names sound a tad better if the syllables don't match. So Abigail Jack-son sounds better than Abigail Jami-son. This isn't a deal breaker of course, it's just a suggestion.

Abigail - like it, particularly like nn Libby
    Tabitha - I like it! especially Tibby
    Esther/Tessa - I really like this one! You could also use Tess or Tessa as a nn.
    Lucia/Lucy - gorgeous. Lovely name with a limited # of nn's and it goes well with Dominic
    Naomi - pretty, I like this one a lot
    Rosalind - lovely name, lots of great options
    Suzanna - underused classic. Lots of options to take her through life from Zuzu to Suzie to Sue to Anna to Zany
    Annabel - I really like this one, doesn't "match" as well with Dominic as some of the others, but it's a great name
    Eliza/beth - lovely name with a million and one options, maybe too many if you're worried about nicknames.

Imogen - just doesn't have a pleasant sound to me, like emergent
    Jemima - It's a lovely name! but all I think of is syrup.
    Gabrielle - I adore Brielle! Gabby and Gigi irritate me though, which is what keeps it off my list.
    Elodie - I don't like that it sounds like the letters L O D
    Caitlin - I don't like the numerous ways it's spelled, feel very trendy, definitely a pretty name, just not one I'd use.
    Isobel - it's a nice name, but super common in it's many variations, similar to Caitlin in that.
    Jasmine - nice name, but I agree that it wouldn't work with last name J___son
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

My favourites are:
    Rosalind (having a Rosalind daughter is fantastic, just to let you know )
    Lucia
    Jemima
    Elodie
    Isobel
    Jasmine
    Imogen
    Annabel
    Tabitha (Do you like Talitha? I think it's even cuter than Tabitha, and there's sweet nicknames Litha and Tallie)
    Tessa
    Naomi
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I like:

Lucy
    Eliza
    Esther
    Tessa
    Imogen
    Jemima
    Gabrielle

Of which my favourites are Eliza and Jemima

I love Tessa. Like, I love it. Like...it makes my heart sing. Use it.