Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Variations of the name "Donna"...Honoring my Grandma

I would like to name my next daughter after my late grandma LaDonna (Donna)

I would use it as a middle name...

Is Diana too far fetched?

Any suggestions are welcome...also may be interested in using the "La" aspect of LaDonna, with a different name

Thank you <3

I don't think I would make the connection with Diane.....

....Domina (also means lady), or does she have a mn or useable maiden name you prefer

I think Diana is nice if you want a very subtle connection to your late grandmother. It has a D initial and -na ending to serve as tribute, but still provides your daughter her own name.

Other ideas that you might consider:

Dawn
    Donata
    Donatella
    Lana
    Layla

Ex. Layla Dawn
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

I don't really get Diana from LaDonna unless you are just purely going for a short D____a name.
    Donatella, Madonna, Belladonna (though this is a poisonous nightshade plant), Donella would seem to be closer.

Otherwise Donna means lady. LaDonna = the lady
    Names with similar meanings:
    Bevin
    Damita
    Donae
    Melvina
    Dionna
    Kyra
    Leda
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)