Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Variations of the name "Donna"...Honoring my Grandma

I would like to name my next daughter after my late grandma LaDonna (Donna)

I would use it as a middle name...

Is Diana too far fetched?

Any suggestions are welcome...also may be interested in using the "La" aspect of LaDonna, with a different name

Thank you <3

I don't think I would make the connection with Diane.....

....Domina (also means lady), or does she have a mn or useable maiden name you prefer

I think Diana is nice if you want a very subtle connection to your late grandmother. It has a D initial and -na ending to serve as tribute, but still provides your daughter her own name.

Other ideas that you might consider:

Dawn
    Donata
    Donatella
    Lana
    Layla

Ex. Layla Dawn
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico, Gianfranco, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa, Valerio
    Katarina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Romana, Alba, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirellina, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Cordelia, Leona/Leonie

I don't really get Diana from LaDonna unless you are just purely going for a short D____a name.
    Donatella, Madonna, Belladonna (though this is a poisonous nightshade plant), Donella would seem to be closer.

Otherwise Donna means lady. LaDonna = the lady
    Names with similar meanings:
    Bevin
    Damita
    Donae
    Melvina
    Dionna
    Kyra
    Leda
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...