Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

finding names that my husband likes- he describes his style as "Americana"

I'm not even pregnant yet but dh and I are already falling out over names! He's difficult to pin down, but we were talking (well, bickering) about girls names last night and he finally gave me something i can work with: he wants something "Classically Americana". Let me clarify: neither of us are American so his idea is probably very romanticised and stylised. He grew up on a remote island in the pacific watching Westerns and listening to Elvis and early rock and roll. He likes Cormac McCarthy novels, Tennessee Williams and is a real chopping wood, catching fish, dreaming of wide open prairies kinda guy. I know that i'm covering huge areas of American culture here and i really hope i'm not offending anyone!

Anyway, back to names, our daughter is Juniper and he LOVES her name. We took a trip to the Californian desert and Arizona shortly before i got pregnant, and memories of that is what makes him love it so much (Elise was my grandma's name thats why we went for that). We have pretty much decided on Susannah in the middle this round, partly to honour my great aunt, and yes, partly because of the Stephen Foster song! He came up with this list which are almost right, but aren't quite there for one reason or another:
    Clementine
    Tallulah
    Indiana
    Memphis
    Belle
    Rosalie

Any other ideas? Thanks so much! I'm am so excited to see your responses!
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles

I like Susannah Delphine in your signature! From your list I'm loving Clementine & Rosalie.

some other suggestions
    Montana
    Dakota
    Aspen
    Carolina
    Waverly
    Auden
    Magnolia (I think Susannah Magnolia would be really pretty)
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Quote Originally Posted by isabellemarie View Post
    I like Susannah Delphine in your signature! From your list I'm loving Clementine & Rosalie.

some other suggestions
    Montana
    Dakota
    Aspen
    Carolina
    Waverly
    Auden
    Magnolia (I think Susannah Magnolia would be really pretty)
    Yes, i love Susannah Delphine but the hubster doesn't! He's really anti-Delphine for some reason which is just crazy to me. Thanks for your ideas. I like Carolina and Susannah Magnolia. On the whole, i'm not usually into place names which narrows the field quite a bit.
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles

Vivien Susannah (Vivien Lee played Scarlett O'Hara - pretty classic americana there)
    Jodie Susannah (Juniper and Jodie could be a fun sibset)
    Baby Sequoia Orion due October 2014!
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon