Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best way to use Margaret

Hi Berries,
    Our baby is due in less than 2 weeks - and while we are expecting it to be a boy, you just never know - so I'm finalising our girl name just in case. First name will definitely be Clara and I'd like to honour my grandmother by using her middle name Margaret, but I'm not sure about flow and am open to suggestions of variations on Margaret. I also need a second middle (one syllable) as girls in our family have 2 middles. I'm considering Jane or Eve at the moment, but again, the flow isn't working for me so some alternatives there would be great. Before we were told it was a boy I had Clara Matilda Jane as an almost definite girls name, but I think it would be nice to use Margaret somehow if I could.

Clara Margaret (something about the repeated 'ar' sound just doesn't seem to work)
    Clara Margo (same again)
    Clara Maisie
    Clara .....???

How about Pearl? Margaret means Pearl and it gives you a one syllable name so that you can use something else.

Clara Matilda Pearl?

Ooh, I like that. I had never considered Pearl and I'd get to keep Matilda that way....thanks for the great suggestion!

I don't think Clara Margaret Jane is horrible.....but maybe the flow isn't the best.

You could use any of these in place of Margaret;

May/Mae
    Daisy
    Greta
    Meg

Clara Matilda Mae
    Clara Daisy Jane
    Clara Greta Jane

You could consider Clara Jane Margaret as well, or even Clara Matilda Margaret.....I know it doesn't have a one syllable name, but sometimes it's good to break a little rules
    Mama to Theodore Adler Emmett "Theo" born April 2, 2012

Expecting baby #2 March 2015!!

*Louisa *Felicity *Gwendolen *Clementine *Rosalie *Philippa *Lavinia *Beatrix *Wren *Eugenia *Florence *Primrose
    *Percival (Percy)*Augustin (Gus) *Arthur (Ari) *Frederick (Fritz) *Dashiell (Dash) *Winston *Felix *Walter *Henry/Hendrick *Edwin *Rupert

Guilty pleasures ~Pomeline, Peregrine, Delphine, and Ferdinand

There's also Gretchen and Gretel, if you want to avoid the Mar- sound.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova