Names Searched Right Now:

Longer names - Four letter nn

Hello all!

I'm kind of digging the fact that all of my favorite names either are four letters or easily/naturally shorten to four letters. I think this would be kind of an adorable "theme" for a set of siblings, so I was hoping you could help me expand my list of names that are longer (doesn't have to be LONG, just longer than four letters) that shorten to four letters.

My absolute favorite names are Alexander (Alex), Mark, Jack, Evan, Adam and Patrick (with no nickname... this is an outlier).

Some longer names with four letter nn's that I like are Nathan/iel (but have a fiance Nathan), Lucas, Colton, Finnian, Nicholas (nn Cole, never Nick), and Zachary.

Names I DISLIKE (to give you a better feel of my style) include David/Dave, Jacob/Jake, Joshua/Josh, William/Will/Bill/Liam, Matthew/Matt, Michael/Mike, etc.

I know I'm forgetting a ton and I hope you lovely berries could help me out! Thank you in advance!

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jack ~ Conor ~ Nolan ~ Mark ~ Samuel ~ Jeremy ~ Ian ~ Vincent ~ Evan
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil

Last edited by tfzolghadr; April 22nd, 2013 at 03:30 AM.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Patrick could have the nn's Paddy or Rick
    Teenberry who is obsessed with names - probably a minority on nameberry who likes popular names

Ladies: Holly|Charlotte|Lily|Chloe|Indigo|Zoe|Stella
    Gents: Jonty|Jordan|Hunter|James|Xavier|Cullen|Louie

Should have been more clear – Definitely not looking for a nickname for Patrick. Just using it as a reference of what I love. In addition I don’t want any long names for the names I’ve mentioned… well aware Evan, Mark and Jack COULD be Evander, Marcus and Jackson, but they’re on my list as their shortened form cause that is how I like them.

Tfzolghadr, wow. Long list. Let me attempt to tackle it. After eliminating the four letter names with no longer form (like Paul), any five letter names (North, Clint), names I’ve already admitted to not liking (Will, Dave) and those names that don’t seem to naturally shorten (Charles/Chas, in my opinion) I’m left with:

Clayton/Clay
    Quincy/Quin
    Stanton/Stanley/Stan
    Porter/Port
    Thomas/Thom
    Everett/Ever
    Andrew/Andy
    Lindell/Wendell/Dell
    Rafferty/Rafe
    Colter/Colt
    Finnegan/Finn
    Garrison/Gary
    Bartholomew/Bart
    Kristopher/Kris
    Thaddeus/Thad
    Mortimer/Mort
    Mason/Mace
    Joseph/Joey
    Johnathan/John
    Judas/Jude
    Jericho/Rico/Jery
    Zachary/Zach
    Weston/West/Westley
    Easton/East/Eastman
    Anthony/Tony
    Cooper/Coop

Ones that are not my style at all:
    Clayton, Stanton/ley, Lindell, Windell, Rafferty, Colter, Finnegan (already like Finnian), Garrison, Bart, Kris, Thad, Mort, Judas, Jericho

Ones I do like:
    Quincy/Quin (though I could never use, cause of the misspelling of Quinn), Porter (though Port is kind of weird), Thomas (LOVE, will be a middle name), Everett, Andrew (though Drew is more preferred), Joseph, Mason (though Mace is a stretch), Johnathan (HATE JOHN), Zachary, West, Easton, Anthony (Andy, not Tonu), and Cooper.

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jack ~ Conor ~ Nolan ~ Mark ~ Samuel ~ Jeremy ~ Ian ~ Vincent ~ Evan
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil