Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Teddy?

Teddy?

Not short for Theodore or Edward... just plain Teddy... Yay or Nay?
    ♡ Matthew ♡
    ♡ Mackenzie Kristopher ♡ Phoebe Teagan ♡

Nay. Give the kid some options.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Yay all the way!

Love Teddy! We live just outside London and I know a few little Teddies, although I get the impression its more of a controversial choice in the States?
    I do love Theo also though!

I adore the name Teddy. I have it on my list as a nickname for both Theodore and Edmund. I'm really not sure how it would work on its own though. There are a lot of nicknames that I think can work fine as full names, but unfortunately I don't think Teddy's one of them and it needs something more substantial behind it. I don't see any problems with it for a young child, but it's not a particularly 'grown-up' name.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan