Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gareth

Thanks guys! I really like it more and more every time I say/think/read it! In all fairness to my other half, when we name actual babies he's just as keen on finding names as I am. It's just in the lulls he doesn't care...

I like the suggested Gareth Antony/Isidore/Emrys/Orlando/Leopold/Llewellyn; thank you so much!!

Amy, Gareth Tresillian Oliver is gorgeous! I don't think it would knock Gawain out of the game, Gawain Perseus Robin is still a big fav of mine.

Azaelea, thanks sweetie! I loved those legends as a child too... I can't tell you how often my sister and I played out those stories!

Lex, that comment had me laughing out load here! I see what you mean though. Might be better as a middle?

Blade, haha, I forgot about The Office! I haven't watched the British one since the American version started...

Sessh, thanks! Just when I was about to put it away, you come around and make me love it even more! I love your combos too; Gareth Endymion Oliver and Gareth Tristan Leander are so amazing! All of them are, but you know me, I start saying all the ones I love and it end up being all of them! Thank you! (And he does have good taste, he was the one pushing for Rosalind too. Maybe I should just sit back and let him hold the reins?)

Thanks again, EVERYONE, I'm so glad (most of) you think it's a good fit with Rosalind. I have about two years or so to change my mind though, but I really like it.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Yeah, I wrote out that out earlier and figured you'd either laugh or want to throw things at me. Glad it was the first.
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

Honestly, neither Rosalind nor Gareth is my cup of tea... but I'm not really into the Middle Ages. However, they do have the same feel to them... I think they actually fit together quite splendidly. Why not? Even if you don't choose this one, put it on the list! Get DH involved!
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Due to the fact that 90+% of the time, your favorite names are among my favorites as well, I tried to really hard to convince myself to like this name, but I just couldn't bring myself around to it. I don't dislike it exactly, I'm just very 'blah' about it. I do like it's meaning though, and the fact that it's Welsh, and the round table association. And though I like Rosalind quite a bit more as a name, I do see how Gareth could work well in a sibset. I have a feeling that this is one of those names that if I knew someone with the name, I could probably like it. But for the moment, I really have no strong positive or negative feelings for it, and don't feel it's of the same caliber of some of the other ones you've talked about at other times.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

Lex, I rarely want to throw things at you...

Javad, thanks for your honest opinions. It's on my list now, but unless all our friends and family have babies before we have our second one and they call their kids Gawain, Percival, Antony, Hector and so on, I don't see myself using it. In the first spot anyway. I do think it's a lovely name, but as I said in my original post, I associate to much with said football player (and while he was a decent man and all, it's not the association I want. Unless the football player is Christian Vieri or something... ).
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]