Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gareth

I think you really need to put Gareth on your list just because he mentioned it but I do so love Gawain and find Gareth pales in comparison.
    Next to Rosalind, Gareth sounds a little too "nose-to-the-grindstone", I get my hands dirty when I do my rugged coal mining. It doesn't mean it's not handsome it's just missing some of your special fairy magic. However, I do think this could be a great "normal" name to add to a more fanciful boys name. Gareth Perseus, Endymion Gareth, or Faramond Gareth would spring to mind.
    Last edited by lexiem; April 22nd, 2013 at 08:47 AM. Reason: I can't type.
    Endora - Lorelei - Merida - Penrose - Viola - Zenobia
    Dexter - Emmett - Hendrik - Leonidas - Oberon - Victor
    Newlywed!!! (Not TTC yet.)

I want so badly to love Gareth, but the character on the Office dominates the association for me. [Americans-- Gareth was the British Dwight.] It sounds a bit like Garrett with a speech defect, too.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

Apparently I am in the minority here, but I LOVE Gareth. I even prefer him to Gawain! Handsome, courtly, and chivalrous, he's a perfect counterpoint to Rosalind. My favorite part is the meaning: "gentle." I just picture a beautiful gentle giant of a man with gallant eyes and dark curls, who smells of leather and horses, fresh earth and wide open fields, and treats tiny precious lives (like babies and kittens) as if they are delicate glass. And the best part is, your man suggested the name!

Love Amy's thought of pairing him with Oliver:
    Gareth Endymion Oliver**
    Gareth Oliver Bayard
    Gareth Wayland Oliver
    Gareth Oliver Westfall*

Combos using names from your new list:
    Gareth Evander Robin**
    Gareth Antony Leopold**
    Gareth Lucius Quentin
    Gareth Casimir Anselm
    Gareth Sebastian Emrys*
    Gareth Lysander Roderick
    Gareth Faramond Ulric
    Gareth Orpheus Armand
    Gareth Tristian Leander*
    Gareth Silvan Rainier**

You're lucky, my dear, Mr. Otter has pretty good taste!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Gorgeous! Love it and it is perfect with Rosalind.

Garth is a very solid name that fits perfectly with Rosalind. It should definitely be a strong contender.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.