Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I love the idea of a sibset of Theodore, Louisa & Gwendolen (much prefer this spelling)! Three of my favourites, great choices

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Wesley, Jonah, Gilbert, August, Winston, Hugh Theodore

I see my questions have been pushed to page two by all this span on the forums today......I haven't posted in a while, I hope this is not a regular occurrence now!

Anyway, Thanks for the honest opinions - I'm well aware that matching "sib sets" are not exactly a necessity, but I think its relatively important to me that my children's names evoke the same style/ feeling....which is the reason for my hesitation over Louisa and Gwendolen. We are planning on having at least two more children, so I would like to have a solid list of contenders that make sense as siblings.

@mischa - thanks for the suggestions! Helena, Augusta, Henrietta, Rosalind, Eugenie, and Winifred are among my favourites (my husband is another story LOL)
    Mama to Theodore Adl3r Emm3tt "Theo" born April 2012

Expecting baby #2 March 2015!! It's a GIRL!!!!

*Louisa *Felicity *Gwendolen *Clementine *Rosalie *Philippa *Lavinia *Beatrix *Wren *Eugenia *Florence *Primrose
    *Percival (Percy)*Augustin (Gus) *Arthur (Ari) *Frederick (Fritz) *Dashiell (Dash) *Winston *Felix *Walter *Henry/Hendrick *Edwin *Rupert

Guilty pleasures ~Pomeline, Peregrine, Delphine, and Ferdinand

Quote Originally Posted by amandachristine View Post
    I'm sad you don't like Louisa, Ottilie! It's pretty much a done deal that if the next one is a girl it will be Louisa (my great grandmother was Luisa and my mother's middle is Louise after that grandmother, so I would be honouring both women with that choice.)
    It's just a personal thing, I love the name Louise!

And the spam thing, it started yesterday, I'm sure it will end soon-ish.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Louisa and Gwendolyn/Gwendolen (like both spellings) are both beautiful and go wonderfully with Theodore! I don't know a Gwendolyn or a Gwendolen so I'm not sure which spelling you would have an easier time with it. I love mischa's suggestions too- Rosalind, Eugenie, Helena and Augusta are pretty much right outside my favourites list.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I'm with @bonfireazalea - I love both Louisa and Gwendolyn/Gwendolen, and I agree they are both wonderful with big brother Theodore! I mainly love both for their literary cred (that, and the Welsh connection to Gwendolen!).

From what I've researched/been told, Gwendolen is the proper feminine Welsh spelling, but Gwendolyn is more common in the US. Personally, as someone who's essentially a quarter Welsh, I feel almost bound to the proper Welsh spelling (plus, how I adore the connection to Gwendolen Fairfax of The Importance of Being Earnest!), but I've just always found Gwendolyn more aesthetically pleasing, and since I have a feeling that'd be the easier of the two to live with in the US (although I don't think either would be terribly bad), that's what I'd go with.

I personally prefer Gwendolyn/Gwendolen to Louisa, but I like Lulu/Lou Lou better as a nn than Gwen or Dolly (personally, I prefer Winnie). But I like Theodore and Louisa better as siblings, they just seem a tad bit more balanced. However, I think in the long run, something like Theodore, Louisa, and Gwendolen would be just stunning!

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory