Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Louisa and Gwendolyn?

I have 2 questions:

1. Are Louisa (Lou Lou) and Gwendolyn (Dolly or Gwen) matched as sister names?

2. Would I be setting her up for a lifetime of annoyance if I went with the Gwendolen spelling?

*I'm not pregnant at the moment, but we do have one son (Theordore/Theo) and I found that once I became pregnant I totally stopped looking at names (I think it was the realization we would be naming a real person) but I was SO GLAD I had done all my "research" prior to my pregnancy! Theo came early (34 weeks) and my husband literally brought my name notebook to the hospital so we could pick his names!*

Anyway, Thank you in advance for your responses!
    Mama to Theodore Adler Emmett "Theo" born April 2012

Expecting baby #2 March 2015!!

*Louisa *Felicity *Gwendolen *Clementine *Rosalie *Philippa *Lavinia *Beatrix *Wren *Eugenia *Florence *Primrose
    *Percival (Percy)*Augustin (Gus) *Arthur (Ari) *Frederick (Fritz) *Dashiell (Dash) *Winston *Felix *Walter *Henry/Hendrick *Edwin *Rupert

Guilty pleasures ~Pomeline, Peregrine, Delphine, and Ferdinand

Shame on me, I really don't know which spelling is the proper: Gwendolyn or Gwendolen. I am leaning towards Gwendolen because -lyn seems more trendy and may be made up.
    I don't think Louisa and Gwendolen are matchy. They have the same vintage feel but that is all. Gwendolyn and Rhiannon or Louisa and Beatrice are more matched.
    I think I slightly prefer Louisa with Theodore if you would like to know.

Gwendolen is the original spelling, I think it looks much prettier. I really don't like the name Louisa, but sure; they could be sisters. I'd feel bad for Louisa though
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I'm sad you don't like Louisa, Ottilie! It's pretty much a done deal that if the next one is a girl it will be Louisa (my great grandmother was Luisa and my mother's middle is Louise after that grandmother, so I would be honouring both women with that choice.)

I just love love love Gwendolen (Gwendolyn) as well, and I'm having a hard time finding other names for potential sisters (to Louisa and Theodore if the next were a girl I guess). Especially ones my husband also likes (he likes Gwendolen, hense the questions)

Thanks for your responses!
    Mama to Theodore Adler Emmett "Theo" born April 2012

Expecting baby #2 March 2015!!

*Louisa *Felicity *Gwendolen *Clementine *Rosalie *Philippa *Lavinia *Beatrix *Wren *Eugenia *Florence *Primrose
    *Percival (Percy)*Augustin (Gus) *Arthur (Ari) *Frederick (Fritz) *Dashiell (Dash) *Winston *Felix *Walter *Henry/Hendrick *Edwin *Rupert

Guilty pleasures ~Pomeline, Peregrine, Delphine, and Ferdinand