Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Altalune

Altalune

Hello Berries!
    I recently saw this name on the home page of nameberry (literally about 2 minutes ago lol ) and was wondering what everyone thinks about it.
    The name is Altalune. It means over the moon in latin.
    Here is the info about it on the nameberry page:
    Altalune is an invention used by Uma Thurman and Arpad Busson as one of several middle names for their daughter, its Latin meaning roughly translated as "over the moon." Celebrity baby Altalune will be called the more familiar Luna for short.

I found all of that info on the nameberry page and I just copied and pasted it.

So what do you think??

I think I may actually like it.
    Alexis Rene
    15 year old name addict
    reading, writing, coffee

I don't like the fact it is invented. I think it's so amazing to know the history of your name and the invention isn't great in that point. Plus, I think it's kind of unique name so it will be tied to Uma's daughter.
    However, Altalune has a pretty sound but for regular baby I much prefer Luna.

If you read the rest of the post it wasn't invented by Thurman and Arpad, it was used in the 1300s by European royalty, so not a new name. I really like it, but don't think I'll convince anyone else.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

Em, I actually know it was used before but only once so I think it is nearly "one-person" name.

It just doesn't sound pretty imo, a bit too much for a baby I think, why not just Luna?
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables