Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I hardly ever hear this name mentioned. What are your thoughts?

I have a son Leo and today I heard a baby boy named Edison. I thought it was so handsome! I looked it up on nameberry and was surprised it wasn't even in the top 500 names. What do you guys think about the name Edison? How does it sound next to Leo? Does it sound trendy because of the "ends in en" sound?

I might use a combo like Edison Philip.

Let me know what you think!

I like Edison and think it makes a good set with Leo. My problem with it is the nn's. Ed? Eddie? I don't care much for those and definitely see it getting shortened to one of these.

I like it in theory, but it's just too connected to Thomas Edison for me. It would be like naming a son Tesla. Also, I dislike the nicknames Ed and Eddie.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I like Edison and think it goes really well with Leo. I definitely don't see it as trendy! It is closely connected with Thomas Edison, but I don't see anything wrong with that. I also know an Edson, and thought it was cute... And it doesn't have a connection if it bothers you. Also, Edison Philip sounds very handsome to me! (Edson, on the other hand might need a 1 or 3 syllable middle name...)

Quote Originally Posted by rowangreeneyes View Post
    I like it in theory, but it's just too connected to Thomas Edison for me. It would be like naming a son Tesla. Also, I dislike the nicknames Ed and Eddie.
    This is what I was thinking as well.
    Love, Claire
    ~~
    Fiancee to Robert "Theo” Theodore
    ~~
    Mama to Lucius "Loki"