Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Carter? WDYT?

I do not like Carter. It is super trendy and I've always considered it a name that doesn't age well. From your list, I like Max and Jake.

The trouble with a lot of occupational names for me is that I hear them differently than some people. For example, Carter sounds like "cart her", Rider/Ryder sounds like "ride her , Hunter as "hunt her"...well, you get the picture! Surnames of former US Presidents are super trendy and I would avoid them like the plague. Roman makes me think of felon Roman Polanski so that name holds little appeal for me. Jed and Jake need their full names. Maximus is too heavy on the macho swagger. From your list, I like Adam the best with Preston coming in second place.

Other Suggestions

Abram
    Asher
    Maxwell
    Fraser
    Everett
    Blake
    Fintan
    Eamon
    Shea
    Wesley
    Sawyer
    Thane
    Spencer
    Merrick
    Reid
    Tate
    Grant
    Drake
    All the best,
    Mischa.

One of my co-workers is pregnant and they chose the name Carter. It isn't my cup of tea, but there is nothing really wrong with it. I just don't feel excited about it. It seems bland and trendy. It is a cool name that will fit in well though and it is modern and likeable.
    Last edited by uselesskitty; April 21st, 2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

Carter is a little popular for my taste but it is a nice name and I see it's appeal. If it's what you love though don't let it's popularity disuade you. I'm all for going with your heart when it comes to names!
    *~Proud Mommy to Shane, River and Rowan. Expecting #4!~*
    ~Emery~Penelope~Hazel~ ~Sage~Shiloh~Lyric~Shepard~

Carter is FAR too popular for me.....its a solid choice for sure (a friend of mine chose it at the same time we named our son Theodore and she has received a lot of "wow, another Carter!" comments)

Alternatives to Carter:

Fletcher
    Forrest
    Thatcher
    Callahan
    Camden
    River
    Holden
    Declan
    Sullivan
    Mama to Theodore Adl3r Emm3tt "Theo" born April 2012

Expecting baby #2 March 2015!! It's a GIRL!!!!

*Louisa *Felicity *Gwendolen *Clementine *Rosalie *Philippa *Lavinia *Beatrix *Wren *Eugenia *Florence *Primrose
    *Percival (Percy)*Augustin (Gus) *Arthur (Ari) *Frederick (Fritz) *Dashiell (Dash) *Winston *Felix *Walter *Henry/Hendrick *Edwin *Rupert

Guilty pleasures ~Pomeline, Peregrine, Delphine, and Ferdinand