Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Girl List - Arrietty, Violet, Artemis, Aurelia, Maeve Ada & Guinevere... any missing?

Our baby is due in August and I am really having trouble finding girl's names I really *love*. I have asked about a few names on here and am just trying to get a 'final' list together. My daughter's name is Iris Ophelia and my stepson is Orrin, we are Sorrel & Oscar. We are set on Peregrine Morrissey "Penn" for a boy. Surname is Forman.

I think ultimately I would love a longer unusual first name with a a cute nn and simpler middle, but that being said with Iris we did the opposite ...I just met a little Arianwen at a birthday party the other day and I just loved the unusualness and long sound and I really want that 'Wow what a beautiful name!' reaction like we got with Iris' name for this one if it is a girl..

First Names:

Arrietty - love the Borrowers literary connection, unusualness, nn Etty/Etta ( also lit ref from Big Stone Gap Trilogy)
    Violet(ta) - I love this and the nn Etty/Etta, but the flower theme feels a bit forced and and I don't really like the Charlie & the Chocolate Factory ref. or violent/violate similarities
    Artemis - love the mythology connection to big sister Iris, nns Missy or Artie and rareness, just don't want people to think she's a boy or call her Artyfarty
    Aurelia - Like the sound and rareness but it just doesn't have a symbolic or personal meaning to me like some of the others same, and no nns we like
    Ada - Love this but feels too short, nickname for something maybe but don't like any usual Ad - names... Would like to find a longer unusual name with cute nickname preferably, or have a longer interesting middle minimum
    Maeve - Ditto above but growing on me
    Guinevere - like the King Arthur connection (my sister's mn is Ygraine) and the meaning, and that she could go by Gwen, Neve, Eve and Vera but have a more unusual full name

Middles -the above plus:
    Fern
    May
    Bee
    Eve
    Maple
    Seraphine
    Persephone

Names we love but can't use:
    Arianwen
    Sage
    Clementine
    Hazel
    Elsie
    Flora

Our boy name is still Peregrine Morrissey "Penn"...

Is there anything missing? Let me know what you think
    Last edited by sorrelorelei; April 21st, 2013 at 12:07 AM.
    Long time name lover...

DD - Iris Ophelia (2011)
    D? - due August... Peregrine Lyons or Aurelia ?????

Iris Ophelia is a lovely combo for your first daughter!

I think Violetta or Arrietty would fit in nicely with Iris & Orrin.

Violetta May
    Violetta Eve
    Violetta Adelaide
    Arrietty Maple
    Arrietty Seraphine
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Thanks isabellemarie! I particularly like your suggestion of Violetta Eve I hadn't put those two together myself but it is lovely!
    Long time name lover...

DD - Iris Ophelia (2011)
    D? - due August... Peregrine Lyons or Aurelia ?????

Minerva? Longer, plus the mythology connection, and no one will think she is a boy.

Minerva Seraphine is my fav combo
    Baby Sequoia Orion due October 2014!
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon

Iris Ophelia is so cute!

My favorite off your list is Arrietty! I find it really cute, pretty, and whimsical. I also love Violetta! I think both would fit well with Iris & Orrin. I agree, Violetta Eve is beautiful! What about Arrietty Fleur?
    nineteen & renaming myself soon