Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question How many before you're "stuck" in a theme?

Currently, my top names include Rosemary, Raphael, and Roderick. By chance, not design, they all share a painfully obvious theme. Honestly, having sibling names using the same first letter doesn't bother me that much- especially if they are names we love. What I'm having a problem with is... what happens when #4 comes along (should we be so lucky,) and I decide to use May? Or Gideon?

How many before I'm committed? Is it weird to have 2-3 with the same initial and one outlier? Should I plan my sibset a little more carefully to try to avoid this, or should I just use what I love and deal with the fallout later?
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

Go with the names you love.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Never. You're never stuck in a theme as long as you (the parent(s)) are making the decisions. You always have a choice.
    Lucia
    Ariadne, Eleanora, Minerva, Orchid, Sela
    Caius, Everett, Luther, Marius, Mordecai

You are never stuck in a theme. I am a firm believer of going with your heart! - BTW, I have just this second developed a huge name crush on Roderick!

Thanks all. My husband echoed exactly your sentiments, so I think I will try to stop worrying about it. Truthfully, I will be so pleased if we are even able to have 3-4 children that I doubt this will even be a concern anymore!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian