Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Too Matchy?

Too Matchy?

Don't ask me why, but I have fallen for Lenore recently.
    It's a lovely name, but it doesn't go with my usual style, and I'm not a huge Poe fan either.
    The only name I love that I can see it with is Ever. Ever and Lenore would be the cutest sisters!
    But do you find it too matchy? EVERYONE knows Lenore from "The Raven", nEVERmore. And as i said, I'm not a. especially big Poe fan. What boys names would go well with Lenore as well? I'm not even close to concieving, but just for my own thoughts, What would you name Lenore's brother or sister? Should it be somewhat old fashioned? Lenore sounds old fashioned but it really has no histroy except the poem, so I think I could get away with a less historical name like Ever.
    Last edited by lea; April 20th, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
    Right Now I would name them...
    ∆ Ellis Apollo • Vesper Aurelia ∆

∆ Casper Aloysius • Reverie Antonia ∆

Guilty Pleasures ...

Sailor . Waverly . Ever . Harlow . Elliot . Jasper . Lirit . Muse . Egypt . Ireland . Primrose . Calypso . Rowan

I'm assuming you're talking about the mention of Lenore in "The Raven." That is by Edgar Allan Poe, not Shakespeare. I don't think Ever and Lenore are the best match. From your signature, I think Matilda and Lenore would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeacelove View Post
    I'm assuming you're talking about the mention of Lenore in "The Raven." That is by Edgar Allan Poe, not Shakespeare. I don't think Ever and Lenore are the best match. From your signature, I think Matilda and Lenore would be better.
    thats embarassing, fixed it! wasn't really thinking straight :-? Matilda and Lenore do sound darling
    Right Now I would name them...
    ∆ Ellis Apollo • Vesper Aurelia ∆

∆ Casper Aloysius • Reverie Antonia ∆

Guilty Pleasures ...

Sailor . Waverly . Ever . Harlow . Elliot . Jasper . Lirit . Muse . Egypt . Ireland . Primrose . Calypso . Rowan

Haha... Yes this exactly!!!!!!

I didn't put Lenore with The Raven at all, but I don't think Ever goes good with it at all. Lenore and Waverly sounds cool together (Waverly is kind of like Everly). I also agree that Lenore and Matilda look good together as well. You could always use Ever as a middle name, or pair Ever with a name like it and made Lenore the middle name.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen