Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Whit32: Oh wow, you had to go thru that chemo nastiness too, I am so sorry. That just sounds so incredibly awful, I can't even imagine. I'm very happy for you that this one has gone smoothly and that you're nice and further along! You made me laugh when you said you wanted to throw something at the lady in the documentary you saw, I threw a dog toy at the tv this past weekend for pretty much the same reason. And what you said about preventing miscarriages is so right. I'm very much a science person myself and I get it, I know about the chromosome issues and everything else that goes wrong to cause a mc. I guess I just wasn't thinking about it from that angle so thank you for reminding me that usually when it does happen, it happens for a reason. It's so easy to forget that and just blame yourself, you know? I have a couple of other ongoing health issues as well that make it even more complicated for me (they require medication) so it's really easy to focus on me and what I could/should do differently or whatever. But you're right and thanks for the reminder.

sdsurfmama: I'm hanging in there! I can't wait for next Monday, the 29th, when I go in for the next ultrasound and bloodwork! That will be week 8 and I feel like I'll be able to exhale a teeny tiny bit then. Then I'll probably have to wait 2 more weeks and so on - but I'm like you, I don't think I'll really relax until after the 20th week ultrasound. Maybe not even until the baby is actually here, in my arms, and I can count the fingers and toes! Never would have guessed I'd be so eager for labor! Ha! It's just so incredibly stressful, I really had no idea. It just never fully dawned on me how women basically put themselves, their needs/wants/etc. completely to the side for 10 months, to do this baby thing. Especially for those of us who don't have an easy time of it! I see pictures of Kim Kardashian on a plane every day, flying all around the world, even back in her early pregnancy days - and I can't keep myself from thinking, WHAT??? She is one lucky duck to have such an easy pregnancy, seems she barely has to think about it. I think about the baby pretty much 24/7, no matter what I'm doing (or supposed to be doing for that matter). And I've definitely slowed myself down significantly - and I sure as heck don't live anywhere as exciting a life as a celeb! But yeah, I realize I'm in a much different situation having had one mc already. I'm just bitter ;-)

Thanks for the notes again, I'm continuing the bed-rest (except for my part-time job) and it's really one of the highlights of my day to check in here. <<hugs>>