Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Needing positive inspiration!

Hey 'berries,

So I've posted my story on a couple of the forums here but those forums are already so huge that it's kind of getting lost. I'm hoping if I post it here, on its own, maybe it'll get some traction and we can have a bunch of positive, happy stories in one spot for anyone who may need them.
    Anyway, I'm currently 6 weeks, 5 days pregnant for the second time. We lost our first to a mc at week 10 - so, needless to say, this is a very stressful time (instead of pure joy, like it should be). This time everything had been going great, my hormones were where they needed to be, ultrasound looked perfect. Then this past Wednesday, I started spotting and cramping, more heavily than I was comfortable with (I know some is normal). Raced back to the doctor, again the ultrasound looked normal (heard the heart beat for the second time, and it went up from 96-108, fantastic!). But my blood works showed my progesterone had slipped slightly. So my OB put me on a progesterone supplement - and bed rest. So I'm stuck in bed through the end of this weekend - and then I guess what happens depends on the spotting. Right now, it's still happening. Most of the time, I'm ok and can distract myself (thank god for puppies, husbands, and laptops!)... but sometimes the "what-if's" creep in and grab hold, and I fall apart.
    So basically what I'm hoping for is some support from other Momberries..? Maybe you've been through what I'm going through - but yours turned out wonderfully and you had a healthy baby anyway? I already know all the bad things that could happen - believe me - so instead I'm hoping to hear all of the great, positive stories instead, for the next time I start to feel down or scared. I hope there are some here and that someone is willing to share!
    Thank you and I hope everyone is having a beautiful weekend

I don't have any experience with this, but wanted to send hugs and lots of well wishes to you. Resting is the best thing you can do.

I have two friends who've gone through miscarriages, but they now have two beautiful children each. That's really all I can to cheer you up! One of them was on bedrest for a while with her oldest daughter.

Hope you'll be better soon!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I don't really have anything positive to tell you, but I am in a similar situation.
    I too am on progesterone supplements and have been almost right from the start. Next week is 10 weeks and I had bad spotting recently too. Everything is okay today, but I had quite the scare. This is my 3rd pregnancy, but the other 2 ended early on.
    The first trimester is so scary! I am hoping that I will forget all about it when I am further along...When I feel the baby kicking and that it will all be smooth sailing from there.
    I wish you all the best!

@ottillie Thank you so much, even that is enough to make me feel a little better at least. At this point I'll take anything.
    @niteowl13 First, I am so sorry to hear you're in such a similar situation. Sucks for both of us. I would give a kidney to be nearing the 10 week mark like you are though! I'm only coming up on week 7. June 9th would be the day my first trimester is over and it honestly feels like it's going to be an ETERNITY. If we make it that far. My husband is trying his best but my thoughts get the better of me anyway. And the internet can be an evil witch sometimes (which is why I came here for support). I'm terrified of things being bumpy the whole way and going thru 10 months of this torture. I mean, it'll be worth it, of course, if there's a healthy baby at the end. But that's a LONG way off right now. Wishing you good health and a smooth road the rest of the way! <hugs>

Hi, cvdutch

I don't have any similar experience, having never been pregnant, but I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and wishing you a healthy pregnancy! I'm sorry it's been so hard so far, especially with your past. I have heard, anecdotally, that many women have an early miscarriage their first time getting pregnant and then have healthy pregnancies in the future! Rumour has it my mom miscarried after my little sister, but went on to have a healthy baby boy!

@niteowl - I'm also thinking of you and that you have a healthy pregnancy. Good luck to both of you getting through the next few weeks!

xoxox