Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Sparrow?

Nature names are a huge guilty pleasure, and I actually really like Sparrow. I think of the character from Dykes to Watch Out For, who's actually pretty solid as far as role models go.
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

sparrow is an awesome name

we named our daughter Sparrow Michelle. She is now 15 and she has never been teased for the name because it was a "dirty bird" maybe rarely because it was a different name. the reality is that her peers have no concept of the connotations what the name sparrow implies, teenagers and younger children do not know that a sparrow is a scavenger bird or a brown bird or anything like that. Its a unique name and actually very beautiful name and I figure that by the time she is an adult, her name will not sound strange on a job application and does that really matter anyways?

To me, Sparrow is on the softer, more feminine side of unisex. I really like it, and if you do, I would encourage you to use it as a first.