Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparrow?

I really like Sparrow. I find it whimsical and enchanting. Personally I would only use it as a middle name (though don't get the wrong impression, my first name choices are pretty eccentric too) but I would be really delighted to see someone else give their child the first name Sparrow. Oh, and it's all girl to me. Fluttering, chirping sparrows are too dainty for a boy, in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I love tiny little sparrows with their round little bodies and super cute beaks! They're so adorable when they tilt their little heads and look at you. I like it as a name! I was going to go in and rant over the girls taking all the good bird names, but then I realised that's not true at all. So I think it go for either, but I prefer it on a boy.

(There are so many cool bird names, I took down one of my bird books and I'm flipping through it right now!)
    I spent the morning with Luther watching some Dark-Eyed Juncos playing around on our patio. He loves animals, and it was the first time he was able to see some birds twittering around. It was great! I want to get him a little pair of binoculars when he is older!
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

I know someone who just gave this as a middle to their baby girl. They are a bit on the 'hipster' side of life so it works for them. I agree that it works better in the middle than as a first as the kid grows up. But I think paired with a more 'classic' name it would allow the opportunity to switch over if ever wanted/needed.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

Quote Originally Posted by uselesskitty View Post
    I spent the morning with Luther watching some Dark-Eyed Juncos playing around on our patio. He loves animals, and it was the first time he was able to see some birds twittering around. It was great! I want to get him a little pair of binoculars when he is older!
    That's so sweet!!! I can just imagine the two of you (That's also the reason I want to move out of the city; I'd love to have more nature around when Rosalind gets older. Not just the foxes rummaging through our bins or the creepy pigeons on the sidewalk!)
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I like Sparrow, but I think it works better as a middle name, especially because your son has Wolf as a middle. I find that thematically quite enchanting