Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparrow?

I really like Sparrow. I find it whimsical and enchanting. Personally I would only use it as a middle name (though don't get the wrong impression, my first name choices are pretty eccentric too) but I would be really delighted to see someone else give their child the first name Sparrow. Oh, and it's all girl to me. Fluttering, chirping sparrows are too dainty for a boy, in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I love tiny little sparrows with their round little bodies and super cute beaks! They're so adorable when they tilt their little heads and look at you. I like it as a name! I was going to go in and rant over the girls taking all the good bird names, but then I realised that's not true at all. So I think it go for either, but I prefer it on a boy.

(There are so many cool bird names, I took down one of my bird books and I'm flipping through it right now!)
    I spent the morning with Luther watching some Dark-Eyed Juncos playing around on our patio. He loves animals, and it was the first time he was able to see some birds twittering around. It was great! I want to get him a little pair of binoculars when he is older!
    Mama Bear to Serenity (gone January 17th, 2011) and Luther Wolf

I know someone who just gave this as a middle to their baby girl. They are a bit on the 'hipster' side of life so it works for them. I agree that it works better in the middle than as a first as the kid grows up. But I think paired with a more 'classic' name it would allow the opportunity to switch over if ever wanted/needed.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

Quote Originally Posted by uselesskitty View Post
    I spent the morning with Luther watching some Dark-Eyed Juncos playing around on our patio. He loves animals, and it was the first time he was able to see some birds twittering around. It was great! I want to get him a little pair of binoculars when he is older!
    That's so sweet!!! I can just imagine the two of you (That's also the reason I want to move out of the city; I'd love to have more nature around when Rosalind gets older. Not just the foxes rummaging through our bins or the creepy pigeons on the sidewalk!)
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

I like Sparrow, but I think it works better as a middle name, especially because your son has Wolf as a middle. I find that thematically quite enchanting