Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparrow?

Sparrow?

Sparrow has been one of my favorites for years and years. I am an avid bird watcher and love birds tremendously. I have kept Sparrow as a possible middle name, but am considering its first name potential. What are your thoughts on Sparrow? Should it be left on the middle name list, or upgraded to the first name list? Boy or girl?
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

I have a soft spot for Sparrow. I see it as a unisex name, but leaning more towards a girl. It's absolutely darling and I would be overjoyed to meet a cute little Sparrow. The only thing holding me back is imagining an adult with the name. I would think their parents are a bit nutty. But as long as you give a nice, at least slightly common middle name it would be great in the first spot.
    Right Now I would name them...
    ∆ Ellis Apollo • Vesper Aurelia ∆

∆ Casper Aloysius • Reverie Antonia ∆

Guilty Pleasures ...

Sailor . Waverly . Ever . Harlow . Elliot . Jasper . Lirit . Muse . Egypt . Ireland . Primrose . Calypso . Rowan

I love tiny little sparrows with their round little bodies and super cute beaks! They're so adorable when they tilt their little heads and look at you. I like it as a name! I was going to go in and rant over the girls taking all the good bird names, but then I realised that's not true at all. So I think it go for either, but I prefer it on a boy.

(There are so many cool bird names, I took down one of my bird books and I'm flipping through it right now!)
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Sparrow is better as a quirky middle name and it sounds kind of oddly weak next to the strong and masculine Luther.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I'm not usually a fan of nature names, but Sparrow is beautiful. It could be a first name. It makes me think of the song "His Eye Is on the Sparrow".

I see it slightly more as a girl name, especially for you as you have Wolf in your son's name; I could see boy named Sparrow being a bit jealous of the bigger, stronger, fiercer Wolf.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova