Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Adelaide VS Adelaine, honest opinion pls :)

Hi Berries!

Ok, so I'm almost 37 weeks and I'm pretty sure this is the name for my little princess
    However, my only reservation is that I find the "d" in Adelaide a little harsh. And I'm
    not sure about having "laid" in my daughter's name (for future teasing purposes). I do like
    the nn "addy". I just felt Adelaine sounded softer and would also lend itself to the nn "lainey"
    which I really like. My only concern is that I think this name is a made up name and not
    a real name with a real meaning (which deters me). Her mn will be Scarlett. What do you think
    about these two names, honestly (because she has to live with this forever!)

Thanks so much Berries

Raegan

I happen to like Adelaide and I agree that Adelaine seems made up.

Some alternatives to Adelaide:
    Elaine
    Adele
    Adela
    Elena
    Adeline
    Evelyn
    Aislin
    Madeleine
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

I really like Adelaide, and you are right that of the two, it feels like the more legit name. I've never thought of the "laid" teasing potential! I tend to think that it is a familiar enough name that kids would just accept it, though you can never be sure. Other options you might like:

Adelaisa (found this on a medieval names website...though it may also get accused of sounding made-up)
    Adora
    Ada

I prefer Adelaide as well. Adelaide Scarlett is very pretty.

Some other Adelaide-esque suggestions:
    Adelais
    Adelena
    Adelicia
    Adeline
    Adelysia
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I prefer Adelaide. Adelaine looks like a unique version of Madeleine which is a lovely name.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!