Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Adelaine is totally not made up! Not at all, I used to come across it on medieval census records quite often, I think it's beautiful and soft.

Yep, Adelaine's legit. I actually really like it! Lainey is a great nickname, and I think it's a little more interesting than Adelaide. You might also like Aleydis, Adelais (the last syllable is pronounced like "lay") or Adeline.

Adelaine may not be made up but it kind of sounds like it is, because Adelaide is well known and Adelaine isn't. Also, she will probably have to correct people a LOT.

I like them both. I have considered Adelaide and it has never occurred to me that "laid" was in it.

The only thing I don't like about Adelaide is that Addy is such an intuitive nn for it, since I think it's a very overused nn.

The cool thing about Adelaine is you can use Laine as a nn. And Adelais, you can use Laia, which is pretty.

I also really like Aleydis.

Really all of these names are very nice and I don't think you can go wrong.
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first!
    If it's a boy: Josiah Walker "Joe"
    If it's a girl: Clementine Marvel
    Avatar: "Dark Robe" by Malcolm Liepke

Thanks Berries for the input! It's true if I do pick Adelaine she will probably have to correct people constantly. At least I
    have a "tad" longer to decide

I would go with Adelaide.
    Currently Loving:
    Rosemary, Ivy, Juniper
    Fox, Griffin