Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

Oh wow, thank you everyone! There are some really beautiful names here. From everyone's responses, I love:

Sapphira, Solomon, Emmeline, Gwendolen, Mariana, Noor, Octavia, Evander, Julian, Leander, Leopold, Orion, Remus, Rufus, Matthias

Quote Originally Posted by ameliarj View Post
    So my question is, are there any names that you feel would be almost like a combination between the two categories, a "happy medium"? Not an amalgamation of two of the names, but names that would fit that middle category, which I guess would be along the lines of "historical and classic names that are unpopular in England".
    Story of my life, this. In our case, there's the added element of finding a sweet spot amongst class associations with names - DH is adamant that it can't sound too pretentious. Options that DH and I have come up with for our own list are:

Felicity
    Georgina
    Philippa (know this is popular in older women, but I don't know any little Pippas...)
    Zara

Not sure if this helps as you've probably already discounted most of these because they're all still in regular use, but I hear you on wanting something classic and underused. Stalking this thread for the happy mediums!
    Last edited by linguaphile; April 20th, 2013 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by linguaphile View Post
    Story of my life, this. In our case, there's the added element of finding a sweet spot amongst class associations with names - DH is adamant that it can't sound too pretentious. Options that DH and I have come up with for our own list are:

Felicity
    Georgina
    Philippa (know this is popular in older women, but I don't know any little Pippas...)
    Zara

Not sure if this helps as you've probably already discounted most of these because they're all still in regular use, but I hear you on wanting something classic and underused. Stalking this thread for the happy mediums!
    Sometimes the English trends frustrate me.. I have friends in America who are sometimes shocked to hear that names like Alice, Florence, Violet, Callum are so popular!

I like Georgina, although I think I prefer Georgiana, and I think Zara is pretty too.

Hmm...

Ramona
    Vivian/Vivienne
    Adelaide
    Wilhelmina
    Sylvie
    Anya
    Pearl
    Opal
    Anushka
    Margot
    Bryony
    Persephone

Some more unique flower names:
    Linnea
    Laurel
    Marigold
    Zinnia

I have no idea if those are your style, but I thought I'd give it a try!
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!