Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sisters names?

I would not use Emmaline if she has a sister named Emilia. I think Elinor is beautiful - an excellent choice.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I know an Emmeline; she pronounces it Emma-line (not -leen) and goes by the nickname Emme (pronounced Emmie). I agree with everyone that it's too close to Amelia.

But I love your alternatives, especially Elinor, with Amelia.

They are actually pretty similar. Amelia is almost like Emily, and Emmeline comes from Emily. And really, Millie and Emmy are even more similar.

Adaline -Addie & Millie
    Abiline - Abbie & Millie
    Coraline - Cora/Cori & Millie

Names I think go well with Amelia:
    Abigail - Abbie & Millie
    Juliet - Julie & Millie
    Corinne - Cora/Cori & Millie
    Winnifred - Winnie & Millie
    Charlotte - Charlie/Lottie & Millie
    Cecilia - Ceci & Millie
    Lucille - Lucy & Millie
    Wilhelmine - Willa/Minnie/Mina & Millie

Elinor, Rosalie, Margaret, and Marianne all go well with Amelia, as they have that vintage and elegant feel to them. I recommend spelling Elinor as Eleanor, as its the spelling everyone will think it is anyway. Ellie & Millie, Rosie & Millie, Margo/Maggie/Peggy & Millie, Mary/Annie/Rina & Millie
    Last edited by liviajoan; April 21st, 2013 at 01:02 AM.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

As you can see in my signature my daughter is Emmeline Amelia Story. I got told Emmeline and Amelia were far to close to put next to each other, some told me they were unbearably close. Clearly, I didn't let them stop me!
    I have had nothing but praise for Emmeline's name, so I think you'd get double the praise for two named Amelia and Emmeline.
    I love both names!

Grace

P.S. Oh but only one issue I would have, my daughter goes by Milly... So people may call Emmeline, Milly and then you could have serious issues! But it's not that big of an issue!
    Our babies Jack August Hopper, Hugo Thackeray Fox and Emmeline "Milly" Amelia Story were born on the 15th of July 2012. We can't believe how far they have come!
    “I now believe, by the way, that miracles can happen” Nicholas Sparks.

Amelia & Rosalie! I love the name Emmeline but I think it's too similar to Amelia.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena -Enid
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Edmund - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Peregrine - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle