Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sisters names?

I really love Amelia and Elinor as sisters. Beautiful.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

Is the reason you don't like Emma the popularity? Because if so, I'd suggest Gemma, which is less popular, but similar to Emma. Otherwise, I don't think Amelia and Emmeline are that similar that you absolutely can't use them, especially if their nicknames are Millie and Emme.

Another suggestion would be to use Caroline. Amelia and Caroline would be a nice sibset.

Yes, the only reason I'm not as fond of it is the popularity. Emmeline didn't even rank in the top 1000 names. I'd probably mostly be calling them "Millie and Emmeline".

I do love Caroline, and would have used it, but a family member already did (it's a family name), so this was a kind of compromise for me.

I'd probably mostly be calling them "Millie and Emmeline". I don't think I'd nickname Emmeline as much.

They are terribly similar, and I think you might run into pronunciation problems with Emmeline, as well. I've only ever heard it pronounced Emma-leen. Purely food for thought, but, as a younger sister, I would not have enjoyed having a version of my older sister's name. I love all the other names you listed, especially Rosalie and Marianne.
    Mama to Caleb Nicholas, Annabel Hope, and Grace Ramona
    <>