Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sisters names?

Hybrid View

Sisters names?

It's taken me a while, but I *think* I have decided on a name for our second baby if it's a girl (we aren't finding out).

Our daughter's name is Amelia (always called Millie, though). I came across the name Emmeline (pronounced Emma-line like Caroline). It never even occurred to me that these names were very similar until I saw that they came from the same root originally.

Would Amelia and Emmeline (or really, Millie and Emmeline) be too similar? I really like that it's old fashioned and still uncommon, even though there are lots of Emilys and Emmas around.
    Last edited by smitty1; April 20th, 2013 at 02:44 AM.

Amelia and Emmeline are too similar for me.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Yeah, it's a bit too similar, especially since they come from the same root. It's kind of like using Katherine and Katarina or something!
    ~* Not Expecting, Just Collecting *~
    Beatrix | Bryony | Cordelia | Eloise | Felicity | Guinevere | Matilda | Penelope | Tabitha | Winifred
    August | Dorian | Ezra | George | Hugo | Leopold | Lysander | Oberon | Theodore | Truman

Btw, when I looked up the name Emmeline, I found lots of Emmeline Amelias in old genealogy records.

That's very interesting info! It doesn't really change my personal opinion; I think the names are too similar for siblings or for a fn-mn combo, but these are your lovely littles and you get the awesome privilege of naming them however you please However, you did ask for input, and I was just being candid; I apologize if I offended.

Are you looking at alternative names at all/do you want any suggestions?
    ~* Not Expecting, Just Collecting *~
    Beatrix | Bryony | Cordelia | Eloise | Felicity | Guinevere | Matilda | Penelope | Tabitha | Winifred
    August | Dorian | Ezra | George | Hugo | Leopold | Lysander | Oberon | Theodore | Truman