Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Combo Contemplation

It's late and I'm trying to relax by formulating some girl combinations. So far I've got...

Sawyer Faye
    Merit Cordelia
    Asher Alys (alliteration bad or good?)
    Sawyer Carys
    Asher Faye

First names I'm also considering...

Phelan
    August
    Morgan

All the middle names have some significance to us in one way or another, Carys is a new addition. My husband loves Cordelia, and I'm just so-so with it but it did sound pretty good with Merit. He also loves Cora, I really like it but it's a little too feminine for a first name and it doesn't sound good as a middle. =\ So, what do you think? I'm always looking for more first names to add if you have any suggestions! (For those who don't know, my style is very boyish/masculine/unisex first names. I feel like the Nameberry black sheep.)

*Our last name is 3 syllables and ends with -son
    Last edited by rowangreeneyes; April 20th, 2013 at 01:03 AM.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Asher Alys is a standout for me. I love the alliteration. Asher Faye is also nice, but Asher Carys is even better.

I also like Morgan. Maybe Morgan Alys?

Nora sounds nice with Rowan, there's no such thing as "too feminine" when it comes to names for girls.

Morgan would be a nice sister to Rowan. Morgan Faye is lovely.

Sawyer is a boys name, as are Asher and August. I'd avoid "very boyish" names for a girl, even with a "too feminine" middle name unless your daughter is planning on going by both. As someone who had major self esteem issues as a teenager, I would have hated having a name that was associated with boys more than girls. If you must using something that was originally a boys name, please use something that's unisex, not "very boyish".
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

i love Merit Cordelia - that is by far the loveliest combo in your list IMO
    Merit Cordelia
    and
    Rowan Jane - Rowan is lovely and has positive conotations for me as I taught a Rowan who was/is a girl genius , she could devour books and read 'The Handmaid's Tale' in one evening .
    Proud mama to Lillian Gwynaeth (Lily Gwyn/ Lilou) (12/2012)

Quote Originally Posted by scarletrune View Post
    Nora sounds nice with Rowan, there's no such thing as "too feminine" when it comes to names for girls.

Morgan would be a nice sister to Rowan. Morgan Faye is lovely.

Sawyer is a boys name, as are Asher and August. I'd avoid "very boyish" names for a girl, even with a "too feminine" middle name unless your daughter is planning on going by both. As someone who had major self esteem issues as a teenager, I would have hated having a name that was associated with boys more than girls. If you must using something that was originally a boys name, please use something that's unisex, not "very boyish".
    Okay, do you even realize how condescending that sounds? Probably not. Because it's perfectly alright to demean someone's choices if they happen to be outside of your personal naming tastes.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.