Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Honest opinion on the name Alessia??

I posted earlier about a few names I've been pondering and I'm so indecisive it's driving me nuts lol. Between DH and I having completely different name styles and me constantly picking names apart, I feel like this process will be never ending. With that being said, DH and I were discussing names earlier and he brought Alexandra into the mix. He really likes the idea of Alex as a nickname. I like Alexandra because it already fits the name style I like which is feminine and classy but it misses one very important thing. It's not at all unique or uncommon and to be quite honest I think it's a bit harsh sounding. Anyway, I was doing a little research on the name and came across Alessia and thought WOW what a beautiful gem of a name. It's Italian and sounds very similar to Alexandra but is much softer sounding and definetly unique which is very important. I'm super in love with this name right now and need some honest opinions. Some middle name suggestions would be great also, preferably something with the same style. The only thing that concerns me is our last name and how the name will sound with it. Lets just say it starts with an F, is two syllables and rhymes with Armer lol. Ugh :/ Thanks in advance for all your comments <3

I love the sound of Alessia but I don't like the look of it. I do think it sounds fine with your last name.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I really like it for all the reasons you posted. My DD middle name is Alexis and i wanted Alexandria or Alessia but it was a family name and my DH wanted it the same. So i say go for it. It is beatiful.

Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias