Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I know this isn't very princessy, but I'm redoing my list and I thought of you

Melpomene! It means "to celebrate with song", and if I remember correctly your fiance's (husbands??) children has music-related names? Adorable nickname Pom is just a bonus.

l
    Melpomene and Virelai are so intriguing, but I question how usable Virelai is?

Yeah, I know, it's just so pretty! I think Melpomene is more usable; it has the recognisable Mel-beginning and -eene ending. And obvious nicknames Mel and Pom (and even Mini!).
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Yeah, I know, it's just so pretty! I think Melpomene is more usable; it has the recognisable Mel-beginning and -eene ending. And obvious nicknames Mel and Pom (and even Mini!).
    Our other girl has a Mel- name, so it's kind of a moot point, but I do love the name. On one hand, Virelai has a close sound to both Vera and Lorelei, so maybe it wouldn't get TOO mangled?

Oh, that's true! I didn't think of those two; it indeed has some of the same sounds. I think it could work, especially with a nice classic middle.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]