Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Looking for girls names you would consider classicly feminine without being overused?

*I would also like to honor my mother Annabelle and use her name as a middle name, so it's important that it flows well. I know I'm picky, I just want to make sure I end up picking the perfect name The problem with me is I'm very indecisive. I'll start to like a name but obsess over it to the point where I begin to hate it and repeat the process all over again with a different name lol. Anyway, here is a list of names I currently like [and why I like them] just so you can get a general idea of what my style is..Please comment on each name/Tell me what you like or dislike about it/Rate from most favorite to least favorite..THANKS!!

Hazel-To me, this name epitomizes what I'm looking for. It's classy and feminine with a vintage-y feel to it and not very common at all, at least not where I'm from [live in South Florida]. I like the nickname Hazey too. Do you think Annabelle works well as a middle name? Does it sound too old timey?

Lila-Pronounced LY-LAH. I've always loved this name. It's very feminine and classic. My only concern with using this name is pronounciation. I don't want people calling her LEE-LA or LiLL-AH. People have told me to alter the spelling to Lyla so it would be easier for people to pronounce, but I personally think it takes away from the beauty of the name and I just hate made up spellings. I prefer the original. Also DH isn't really a fan of this name but this doesn't concern me as much because I can always twist his arm I personally think Annabelle flows beautifully with Lila. What do ya'll think?

Katarina-Pronounced KAT-AH-REE-NAH. Ok this one is DH's pick. At first I didn't care for it but it has grown on me the more and more I say it out loud. I think my main problem with the name is the harsh K sound. Anyway, he likes the middle name Skye. WDYT?? Katarina Skye..kinda has a nice ring to it doesn't it??..

Maya/Maia-Pronounced MY-UH. This is probably my favorite from my list. I think it's a classy feminine name with a bit of an exotic flair. The only concern with this name is again pronounciation. For whatever reason, a lot of people look at Maya and are compelled to pronounce it MAY-AH which is not the way I'd like it pronounced. I despise the spelling Mya. It just looks choppy and unfinished. So, we are left with Maia which is the Greek spelling. I like the way this spelling looks the best. WDYT?? Do you like the way Annabelle flows with Maia? The double A sounds kind of bothers me. Feel free to include some other mn suggestions..

Serena-I love this name for it's simplicity, beauty and uniqueness. It makes me think of mermaids I don't think Annabelle would pair well though so if I end up choosing this name, I might have to honor my mother in another way.

Sorry for the super long post. I hope ya'll take the time to read this and give me as detailed of an answer as possible. Please feel free to include your favorite girls names. I appreciate your time and comments. Thank you!!
    Last edited by missmelissa; April 19th, 2013 at 08:03 PM.