Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Is Pearl Agnes too 'old lady?'

Well we know this baby's first name is Pearl, but we keep changing our minds about her middle name! And I have 8 weeks left to stew over it! Thoughts on Pearl Agnes? Agnes was my husband's grandmother---she was such a sweet little Norwegian lady, and Agnes is starting to grow on me. But combined with Pearl, does it give off too much of a nursing home vibe?

Pearl Agnes is beautiful. Go for it, absolutely.

Cair Paravel :)
    It does have a strong old-lady vibe to me, sorry. Much as I love Agnes (and Pearl!) individually, and even like Agnes Pearl as a combo, the other way around, it does feel very old-lady like to me. Have you considered a variant of Agnes, like Agnessa or Agatha or Agathe, or maybe even something that has a similar meaning (like Pearl Katherine or Pearl Kaia?).

Good luck!
    twenty-something namenerd & aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles | Olivia Wren Camille | Rowan Ezra Jack
    Violet Emilia Mary | Casper Nathaniel Eden | Grace Odilia Lily | Samuel Gaspard John | Adele Sofia Eloise | Grant Frédéric Conrad

I've recently started a new story--feel free to come along with me for the journey!
    Chapter 2 is now up!!

It sort of does sound old, but it has special meaning, so I'd go with it.

It doesn't seem too old lady to me, but I would say the flow is off.
    Currently Loving:
    Rosemary, Ivy, Juniper
    Fox, Griffin