Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I love the idea of mn's honoring family history but you could also think about place names ect. My daughters middle name is Alba-Rose as Alba is a traditional name for Scotland my DH's family emigrated from Glasgow 20+ years ago. If we have a 2nd daughter I would love to use Anika or Pania in the middle spot because my grandparents farm is called Panikau (Maori). Perhaps you could go that way? Other ideas are faveriot flowers, colours or hobbies. Did grandad love fishing, Fisher or Marlin could represent him?

Another idea I considered was useing the same initials as beloved family members.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ellenelle View Post
    Haha, there are several here I like (Lucille, Leah, Mary, Frances, Vincent), but I understand that these aren't everyone's taste If you like neither traditional nor popular names, what kinds of names do you like? Are Chaselyn and Gracelyn, Layken, or Ava examples of names that fit within your taste, or just examples of what you mean regarding those traditions?
    Those are examples of my taste and regarding the traditions.

As others mentioned, Marilyn is a good choice for the Lynn tradition. You could also use Lyndon for a boy.

Frances/Francine is kind of cool for a girl and I love the nickname Frankie for girls and boys. You could use Franklin for a boy.

Of the names on the list, I think Irene (nn Rene or Ree-knee), Vincent (nn Vince) and Lucille (nn Lucy) are very usable.

Oh, this is such a nice dilemma! Your names honoring family are wonderful to choose from so your little one is very lucky!

For boys I love Edmond, Vincenzo, & Terrance! All very handsome!

Lyn or Lynn can be used as an ending on many names. I like it mostly for girls though.

Taralyn
    Emmelyn
    Kaitlyn
    Madelyn
    Mavalyn (this is gorgeous on its own)
    Marilyn
    Kimberlyn

Also, Ann, Anna, Anne, Leah, Lee, or Leigh are so pretty and can be smooshed into many names.

Kaylee
    Taralee
    Annalee
    Leanne
    Vernalea
    Marilee

I mostly wanted to comment on this post because, myself, being a Frances Irene, I wouldn't suggest the name because I have not had good experiences with it. Although I love forms of my name very much!

Francine
    Francie
    Cece/Cici
    Rene
    Rena
    Reighnie
    Rainy

Wishing you good luck!