Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    I've had to wait 3 years to TTC. It sucks, but what can you do? You need your cards to be reasonably in order first. At least November isn't too far away! I also read this yesterday: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...a-baby/309374/ which should put most people's minds at ease.

dessydell - a mad mating dance?!
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas Bram, Abel Octavian, Abel Roscoe
    Lyra Blythe, Delphi Winter, Elowen Sage, Inka Blythe, Anouk Thessaly

Ah! Great article. Thank you! I go through moments of freaking out that I'm putting it off too long. We plan to start TTC when I turn 33 (2015) and sometimes I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack about it and we should just have a baby right now, this second, and to hell with our life plans. I'll bookmark that article and read it in those moments of "must make baby now!".
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Cassandra, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodfey View Post
    Ah! Great article. Thank you! I go through moments of freaking out that I'm putting it off too long. We plan to start TTC when I turn 33 (2015) and sometimes I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack about it and we should just have a baby right now, this second, and to hell with our life plans. I'll bookmark that article and read it in those moments of "must make baby now!".
    Haha, you've just described my life! :-) We're waiting until our 2nd anniversary in the fall, and sometimes I have a panic attack about having a baby now, like my fertility is going to crash and burn over the next 4 months.

That article is great. Thanks for sharing!
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Veronica ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

So...a little hiccup in the plans...my school just changed around the schedule so I have to take Winter Term off...which means putting off TTC for 3 more months! **grumble**

It feels like every time it gets close, we hit another obstacle. Good news, though, I finally have health insurance with my job again! Just wanted to vent, sorry for resurrecting this thread again.
    Sequoia Orion born November 2014
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon

Sending hugs your way!

Quote Originally Posted by moonkai View Post
    So, I'm 28, my partner and I have been together for 3 years and married 4 months. He wanted to wait to have kids until after we were married, but now I am back in grad school so we have to wait 6 months or so to start trying. It is driving me up a wall! I have wanted to start having kids since I was 20ish, but I hadn't found the right person to do it with, and now that I have, I have to wait, and to make it worse, I already know of one potential fertility problem.

Anyway, I was wondering how you all who have been in similar situations have coped and not driven yourself insane. I know I am still relatively young, but so many people have told me "Oh, you better start soon!". It is definitely adding to my anxiety.

Anyway, any advice would be welcome.
    I feel your pain! If I could have I would of had a child at 12, that is how badly I wanted to be a mom. When people asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I would say a mom hhaha. I am 23 going to be 24 in 2 months and not married. We threw the rule book away and went with what we wanted which now we are TTC for our first. Most people will look at as we are too young to be parents but I do not see it like that.

But to answer your question: before we decided to TTC it was hard, and I was miserable. I would go into an automatic depression state when I saw my friends getting pregnant, or having children. But I am a strong believer to get all your ducks in a row. Finish school focus on that, keep in your mind set that you are doing this to provide your child with nothing but the best. It is okay you are 28, there is no rush. This happens to be your life path. And it is not like you are sitting around doing nothing, you are furthering your education which is an awesome success. During this 6 month wait you can start prepare for a child, start putting aside money if you can, or even do some research. I look at baby gear all the time just for fun and I love it. I do research to almost prepare myself so I do not feel overwhelmed when we finally conceive. Also use these 6 months as motivation, knowing you are working to start your family! Try not to be sad you have great things to come and I hope everything works out for you! xoxo
    TTC Little Bub #1

Antonia, Theodora, Iris, Athena, Cassia, Hazel, Cosima, Aurora, Seraphine, Freya
    Caspar, Rafferty, Leander, Octavian, Leopold, Ignatius, Cyprian, Florian, Evander, Ronan