Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Oh gosh you definitely don't want to prep for 3 years- that would be absolute torture!! This is within a few months of being ready to start trying.

Yes, I agree, 3 years of prep would be torture! Probably anything longer than a year or so would make me crazy. Although, I did go for my pre-conception appointment this January (2013), knowing we wouldn't start trying until next April (2014)! BUT, we have since moved our starting time up to this August, so I guess it wasn't that far in advance, after all.

I will say that taking folic acid (400 mcg) daily is a good idea, even if you're not planning on getting pregnant anytime soon. Especially if there's any possibility of an oops!

Hope your TTC waits pass by quickly and enjoyably!

Though pre-conception appointments or a thorough check up early can't hurt. A friend of mine found out her testosterone-levels were too high and it allowed her to take care of all that in advanced. If your perfectly healthy then its' a bit of peace of mind.
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).

I know I was the last person who posted but this just hit me. And, even though it's sunny out I feel like a grumpy bear with a huge cloud over my head. My cousins second daughter was born today (incidentally they gave her my 2nd mn as her 2nd mn though I'm fairly sure they didn't know what mine was), my other cousin is due in two or three days and one of my best friends from college is due early next month. (I realize we are waiting to TTC but irrationally I feel like they are all rubbing it in - it's going to be a tough next week or two.)
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).

Just wanted to pop in and say that you're not alone in the TTC waiting game. I'm there too. I'm getting married in about 2 months and would love to start right away. However, I'm still in grad school for a year and my fiance wants to wait as well. In the meantime, I've been keeping myself occupied by researching... a lot. I figure I'll be more prepared than most when I finally get to start (probably in Summer 2014).