Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Three Names, One Meaning

I had been wrestling with myself between the top three sibling sets for our little gremlins and was having a seriously hard time. I thought I'd have an aneurysm or nervous breakdown or something. Then I noticed something: they all just shared a theme, origin, etc. So I read "Individual Names, Same Meaning" in the blog posts and casually flicked through some meaning lists...and liked what I saw. Here are my favorite groups for names that share a subliminal meaning.

Mika, Nyssa, and Oriana (new beginnings)
    Althea, Maude, Zaila (brave/powerful)
    Arabella, Ilona, Vashti (beautiful)
    Adira, Bridget, Keren (strong/powerful)
    Adelpha, Imogen, Mila (love)
    Amity, Auden, Bellamy (friendly)
    Alair, Ilaria, Seeley (happy)

Whadawe think?

~Celestia

My favorite is Adelpha, Imogen & Mila. I think those go beautifully together! Althea, Maude & Zaila and Arabella, Ilona & Vashti are also nice. The others I'm not a huge fan of.

Good luck!

I love this idea.
    Mika, Nyssa, and Oriana (new beginnings) - I really love Oriana but Mika and Nyssa just don't have the same flair to them.
    Althea, Maude, Zaila (brave/powerful) - I like the sound of this combo. Second favorite combo.
    Arabella, Ilona, Vashti (beautiful) - Vashti feels a bit out of place.
    Adira, Bridget, Keren (strong/powerful) - very nice.
    Adelpha, Imogen, Mila (love) - This is my favorite combo. Though I'd probably replace Mila with something like Esme or Henrietta or something. (I'm also not really understanding where you get love from. As far as I can tell Adelpha is probably derived from the same germanic root as Adolphe and would therefore mean noble wolf, Imogen coming from Innogen would mean maiden. Mila would make sense to me. Otherwise Esme, Mila and Carys might work as a "love" combo.
    Amity, Auden, Bellamy (friendly) - It bothers me some that two start with A and the third doesn't.
    Alair, Ilaria, Seeley (happy) - Once again the third seems like the odd-ball. Alair and Ilaria share all the same letters but Seeley only has the l.
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).

Quote Originally Posted by celestia View Post
    I had been wrestling with myself between the top three sibling sets for our little gremlins and was having a seriously hard time. I thought I'd have an aneurysm or nervous breakdown or something. Then I noticed something: they all just shared a theme, origin, etc. So I read "Individual Names, Same Meaning" in the blog posts and casually flicked through some meaning lists...and liked what I saw. Here are my favorite groups for names that share a subliminal meaning.

Mika, Nyssa, and Oriana (new beginnings)
    Althea, Maude, Zaila (brave/powerful)
    Arabella, Ilona, Vashti (beautiful)
    Adira, Bridget, Keren (strong/powerful)
    Adelpha, Imogen, Mila (love)
    Amity, Auden, Bellamy (friendly)
    Alair, Ilaria, Seeley (happy)

Whadawe think?

~Celestia
    Adira, Bridget and Keren sound great together!
    Anastasia, Tessa, Marina, Stella
    Connor, Rhett, Corbin, Grayson

Fabulous idea.

Mika, Nyssa, and Oriana (new beginnings) - I really like this one, but something about it made me think "The Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria." Too sing-songy, maybe?

Althea, Maude, Zaila (brave/powerful) - I feel like the names don't match each other quite the way I want them to.

Arabella, Ilona, Vashti (beautiful) - beautiful names, all, but the mishmash of origins doesn't seem quite right.

Adira, Bridget, Keren (strong/powerful) - a great set.

Adelpha, Imogen, Mila (love) - love the sound of this one, though I'm intrigued by lexiem's comments above and like the suggestion of Esme, Mila, and Carys a lot too.

Amity, Auden, Bellamy (friendly) - I like this one, though I have a hard time with the name Amity. I think the starting sounds of Amity and Auden are different enough that it works despite the same initial letter (Short a vs the aw sound)

Alair, Ilaria, Seeley (happy) - I think the first two names are too similar.
    Courtney (larking.)
    blog and Etsy shop

baby girl #2 due August 2013

Beatrix * Benjamin * Blythe * Bronwyn * Caleb * Eamon * Elliott * Emmett * Hazel * Imogen * Isaac
    Linnea * Lorelei * Maeve * Maren * Owen * Phoebe * Reuben * Saul * Silas * Siobhan * Sylvie * Willa