Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I still love Oswin, but am putting it on the back burner while i see how her storyline plays out on doctor who...

Lately i am kind of loving Kit on a girl, more than on a boy. Do Kit and Artemis fit together? Are there other names i haven't considered that fit in?

And would you consider Artemis a more old-fashioned name or modern? I know its long history, but for some reason Artemis feels very modern to me. If you met a girl named Artemis and didn't know the names of her siblings, what would you assume they'd be named?
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Wesley's going to get beat up a lot more than Jess.

I think Hero is quite interesting for a little girl. alot of people say Artemis is very masculine but to be honest I've always seen it as being feminine.
    I love Kit and Jess, I don't think Jess on a boy is a problem at all, I've heard boy Jesses be shortened to Jess now and then, I mean, it's a different story altogether if you liked Jessica for a boy lol.

Sorry to keep repeating myself, but I haven't yet gotten an answer about this and am genuinely curious. I've checked the SSA and there is no recorded history (going back to like the 1920s) of an Artemis (male or female) in my state. And as I'm kind of obsessed with this name on a girl, that kind of excites me but also makes me nervous how people will perceive it. So to people who have likely never heard of a girl named Artemis, is it super old-fashioned or is it really modern? I've mentioned upthread that it just feels very modern to me, despite it's very long history.

Artemis and Milo are really my only two definite names, the others are constantly in flux. So I guess what I'm wondering is if you met an Artemis, what would you expect her siblings names to be like? Would Milo fit? And what for other siblings? I still like Kit for a boy, but am actually loving it on a girl right now. Does Kit go with Artemis? I also love literary names, like Atticus and Huckleberry and Austen. And there have been some recent names I've heard that I surprisingly loved, like Halifax (the surname of a character in a play I adore), Walter, Frederick, etc.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Artemis sounds like a smart and daring young lady. I'd think her mother was well-educated and creative (in a positive way)!