Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    They all sound fine to me. I've never heard of Oswin; I'd assume it was a family name

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

Oswin sounds like a boys name to me. I think it is, actually? I don't really get the distinction between the safe list and the dream list. Bliss sounds less "safe" than Artemis, for example. I love Artemis and Eliza. Bliss and Hero seem like a lot to put on a kid- I think those would be hard to live with. I like all of the boys names, but I would also go w. the formal name Jesse for Jess.

Quote Originally Posted by alyssa897 View Post
    If I met a little girl named Oswin I would wonder if her parents were fans of Doctor Who because I had never heard of the name before Doctor Who. And seeing your username I assume you are a fan?
    Oswin Rose: ^This. Especially with Rose. Seems a little too fangirl-ish. I love the name Rose, however. More so as a first name than a middle, but I like it in either place. Oswin, not so much. And definitely not with the name of another companion. That's like naming your baby Renesmee Isabella.

Artemis: Love Artemis. I have it on my own list as a middle name. Artemis Rose is rather lovely, imo. If I met an Artemis, I'd be all sorts of excited.

Hero: not really a fan of this as a name. It feels a little forced to me. I don't think the average person would understand it as a name at all. A few might remember it from Shakespeare, but that's about it. Average person would think it's weird.

Eliza: I like it. I've known a few Eliza's. I'm not sure I'd form any sort of opinion about you or Eliza just from the name. It's completely safe, though not common necessarily.

Posy: Too sweet. I don't like it. I'd assume the parents wanted a cute, super frilly little girl. There's nothing wrong with that, but what happens if Posy is 6 feet tall and rides a Harley? In fact, I can't imagine this on an adult. I'd feel a little silly introducing my mother to people and saying, "This is my mom, Posy."

Bliss: This doesn't really feel any safer than your dream list. I like it better than Oswin, Hero and Posy, but it still feels a little forced. I'd assume the parents either are, or would like to seem, free spirited.

Milo: love, love, love it. I would grin like a loon if I met a Milo. Oh sure, you'll get a few people who ask where Otis is, but I personally wouldn't care.

Jess: I like this on a boy. I grew up with a Jesse and he was called Jess sometimes. I wouldn't form any opinion and I can't imagine many would, as long as his name was Jesse nn Jess.

Kit: I too like Kit, for both a boy or a girl. It does work as a full name, though I always prefer a more formal name on paper. My SO brother is named Kip, no long form, and it seems to have served him just fine. He's well like, got a good job, etc.

Thomas, Samuel: Like them both, quite a lot, definitely safe though. No opinions formed whatsoever. I like almost all of the classic boy names, really. Again, I wouldn't form an opinion.

Wesley: I like it. Not as common as Samuel or Thomas, but a name nobody would blink an eye at. I'm sure everyone would said they liked it.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Polaris Fae ● Isabeau Jane Sophronia ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Khione Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodfey View Post
    Oswin Rose: ^This. Especially with Rose. Seems a little too fangirl-ish. I love the name Rose, however. More so as a first name than a middle, but I like it in either place. Oswin, not so much. And definitely not with the name of another companion. That's like naming your baby Renesmee Isabella.
    I don't know why but I didn't even realize Rose was also a companion name. Obviously I know Rose is a companion, but it totally slipped my mind.

Realizing that, I would avoid Rose as a middle name for Oswin unless you have another reason for using it. i.e., it's after a friend or family member, has some significant meaning to you and your SO
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more

Oswin Rose - I would assume you were a Doctor Who fan. Clara Rose would be much more covert. Oswin is unattractive.

Artemis, Hero, Eliza, Milo, Jess, Kit, Samuel, Thomas, and Wesley are all great. I don't care for Posy or Bliss.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine