Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    They all sound fine to me. I've never heard of Oswin; I'd assume it was a family name

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Blaise * Greer
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden

Oswin sounds like a boys name to me. I think it is, actually? I don't really get the distinction between the safe list and the dream list. Bliss sounds less "safe" than Artemis, for example. I love Artemis and Eliza. Bliss and Hero seem like a lot to put on a kid- I think those would be hard to live with. I like all of the boys names, but I would also go w. the formal name Jesse for Jess.

Quote Originally Posted by alyssa897 View Post
    If I met a little girl named Oswin I would wonder if her parents were fans of Doctor Who because I had never heard of the name before Doctor Who. And seeing your username I assume you are a fan?
    Oswin Rose: ^This. Especially with Rose. Seems a little too fangirl-ish. I love the name Rose, however. More so as a first name than a middle, but I like it in either place. Oswin, not so much. And definitely not with the name of another companion. That's like naming your baby Renesmee Isabella.

Artemis: Love Artemis. I have it on my own list as a middle name. Artemis Rose is rather lovely, imo. If I met an Artemis, I'd be all sorts of excited.

Hero: not really a fan of this as a name. It feels a little forced to me. I don't think the average person would understand it as a name at all. A few might remember it from Shakespeare, but that's about it. Average person would think it's weird.

Eliza: I like it. I've known a few Eliza's. I'm not sure I'd form any sort of opinion about you or Eliza just from the name. It's completely safe, though not common necessarily.

Posy: Too sweet. I don't like it. I'd assume the parents wanted a cute, super frilly little girl. There's nothing wrong with that, but what happens if Posy is 6 feet tall and rides a Harley? In fact, I can't imagine this on an adult. I'd feel a little silly introducing my mother to people and saying, "This is my mom, Posy."

Bliss: This doesn't really feel any safer than your dream list. I like it better than Oswin, Hero and Posy, but it still feels a little forced. I'd assume the parents either are, or would like to seem, free spirited.

Milo: love, love, love it. I would grin like a loon if I met a Milo. Oh sure, you'll get a few people who ask where Otis is, but I personally wouldn't care.

Jess: I like this on a boy. I grew up with a Jesse and he was called Jess sometimes. I wouldn't form any opinion and I can't imagine many would, as long as his name was Jesse nn Jess.

Kit: I too like Kit, for both a boy or a girl. It does work as a full name, though I always prefer a more formal name on paper. My SO brother is named Kip, no long form, and it seems to have served him just fine. He's well like, got a good job, etc.

Thomas, Samuel: Like them both, quite a lot, definitely safe though. No opinions formed whatsoever. I like almost all of the classic boy names, really. Again, I wouldn't form an opinion.

Wesley: I like it. Not as common as Samuel or Thomas, but a name nobody would blink an eye at. I'm sure everyone would said they liked it.
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Cassandra, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodfey View Post
    Oswin Rose: ^This. Especially with Rose. Seems a little too fangirl-ish. I love the name Rose, however. More so as a first name than a middle, but I like it in either place. Oswin, not so much. And definitely not with the name of another companion. That's like naming your baby Renesmee Isabella.
    I don't know why but I didn't even realize Rose was also a companion name. Obviously I know Rose is a companion, but it totally slipped my mind.

Realizing that, I would avoid Rose as a middle name for Oswin unless you have another reason for using it. i.e., it's after a friend or family member, has some significant meaning to you and your SO
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more

Oswin Rose - I would assume you were a Doctor Who fan. Clara Rose would be much more covert. Oswin is unattractive.

Artemis, Hero, Eliza, Milo, Jess, Kit, Samuel, Thomas, and Wesley are all great. I don't care for Posy or Bliss.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James Alexander
    ♀ | Jane Anne Helen Caroline Phoebe Georgia Gwen Sylvie