Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TV Character Names

The hot list referencing this topic got me thinking! It goes without saying that TV shows influence naming trends. What names do you think will become–or have already become–more popular due to characters on current shows? Below are my pics:

Lost: Jack, Kate, Claire, Sawyer, Rose, Henry, Juliet, Hugo, Desmond, Miles

Six Feet Under (no longer running, but had some fabulous names): Nathanial, Ruth, Claire, George, Margaret, Maya, Willa, Edie, Arthur

Law and Order: Elliot, Olivia, Finn, George, Alexandra, Robert, Nola, Cyrus, Nina, Nora

The exception seems to be The Office–I don't see Pam, Dwight, Kelly, Phyllis, Ryan, or Kevin soaring up the charts (but Oscar is a good bet!).
    :: o l i v e ::

Re: TV Character Names

OOO! This game is right up my alley :)

Chuck: Charles (nn Chuck), Eleanor (nn Ellie), Orion (that would be fun and different!), Lester, Morgan (as a boy), Emmett

30 Rock: Liz, Tracy (as a boy), Jenna, Kenneth

Bones: Temperance (nn Tempie), Seeley, Camille (nn Cam), Lance, Daisy

CSI: Gilbert (nn Gil), Warrick, Conrad

CSI NY: Mac, Stella, Melina (Stella's real name),Carmine (Danny's real name), Sid (as a boy), Sheldon, Hill (Sheldon's real name), Don, Aiden (as a girl)

Fringe: Olivia [nn Liv] (already popular, but might keep it there), Ella (ditto), Walter, Peter, Nina, Astrid, Phillip, Charlie, Bishop (a last name here, but it might get people thinking)

Burn Notice: Fiona, Carla

*EDIT: Great Idea! I've definitley considered Temperance and Camille because of my love of "Bones". Same goes for Fiona, Stella, and Melina. They're all names I never thought of before these shows, but I now love them because of their characters. I'm sure I'm not the only one. :) The same can ring true for the opposite, however. In "Fringe" I dislike the character Nina and it forces negative feelings onto that name for me.

Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I could definitely see Bishop becoming more popular. It's kind of in the same category as Deacon, Reese Witherspoon's son (and I think it's safe to say that her daughter Ava helped push that name up the charts!).

I also love the nn Tempie!
    :: o l i v e ::

Lets not forget shows that lots of teenagers and young adults watch:

One Tree Hill: Brooke, Peyton (girl), Lucas, Sawyer (girl), Haley, Millicent, Julian

Gossip Girl: Serena, Blair, Chuck, Rufus, Lily

Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice: Addison, Meredith, Isobel, Noah, Violet, Cooper, Lexi