Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face Are they different??

Are the names you used to liek when you were younger ( if you can remember them) different to what you like or would use now..

So if you remember them..

Old names VS new/now names.. LOL

old names - what you liked about them at the time... & what you like/dislike about them now..

new/now names - what you like about them and why

Hope this is as fun as i thought it would be ..x
    Dani mum to My little dude Bailey & my little minx Liberty
    ↓ Future names ↓
    K.P.T
    Phoenix, Elijah, Zeke, Logan

Names I liked when I was younger would probably be called trendy now, two that stick at the forefront of my mind are Ruby and Roxy which I like from a very young age. When I was younger I was easily influenced by characters on television programmes that I watched, if I liked the character I would like the name. Nowadays though I have broadern my horizons in terms of names and am starting to like older names, Roberta and Erika being two of my favs at the moment. I was never really interested as boys names as a kid, one name that I was in love with for many years though was Brady - lord knows what I was thinking!
    Current Loves: Tobias Henry and Sebastian Keith

Years Old Name Loves:
    Willow,
    Dawn,
    Gracen (Girl),
    Hayden (Girl),
    Haven (Girl),
    Ava,
    Adeline "Addy".

New Name Loves:
    Girls:
    Maeve/Maive,
    Indigo,
    Gwynneth,
    Opal,
    Storey,
    Poppy,
    Alice,
    Harriet.

Boys:
    Cecil,
    Hugo,
    Julius "Jules",
    Jasper,
    Asa,
    Ivo,
    Percival "Percy",
    Wallace "Wally".
    Teenberry. INFP. Ravenclaw. Passions: art, theatre, music, psychology, yoga, meditation, naming, and reading.
    (Changing my name to Zoie Willow.)

For a future...
    Ever-so Darling Daughter:
    Opal Eleanor ~ Lavender Elaine ~ Harmony Ophelia Maude ~ Poet Aurelia Charlotte

Splendid Son:
    Sebastian River - Hugo William Sky - Hawthorne Timothy Lewis - Rivers Cornelius Henry

When I was 16, my top two were Audrey & Sebastian.
    I still love them both, but Audrey got really popular. Popularity doesn't bother me in itself, but I saw in on peoples' lists with names like Addison, Peyton and Alexa... that's not the vibe I get from Audrey, so that ended up disappointing me.
    Sebastian is a name I'd totally use, but I had a family member named Sebastian and things went south with that part of the family (super messy divorce, really messed up stuff going on there), so I just think it'd be a bad call on my part to use it.

My top 2 right now are Edmund & Seraphine. Edmund has been topping my list since I was 8 years old and my grade 3 English teacher read us "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe".
    I'm not really sure where Seraphine came from. My art prof mentioned her daughter, Seraphina, last semester and hearing it 'in real life' really struck me. My SO is really pushing for a French name, so that's when Seraphine came to the forefront.

I've been keeping name lists since I was about 5 years old, though, so this is just a super small sampling.
    When I was in middle school I loved names like Jorie, Kendra & Sloane; Michael, Travis & Jacob. At that point, I liked girl names that were boyish and kewl and 'unique', and for boys, I liked the names of boys I had crushes on, hahahah.
    Lucia
    Eleanora, Iluna, Iris, Sela, Seraphine
    Balthazar, Bastian, Caius, Felix, Gideon

In my old baby name book that I got when I was probably around twelve or so, there was a place to list your top five names for each sex. This is what I had listed:

Boys
    William
    Christian
    Nicholas
    Patrick
    Jonathan

Girls
    Zoe
    Stephanie
    Bridget
    Alexandra
    Serena

Flashforward a couple of decades, and this is what the list would look like now:

Boys
    Nicholas
    William
    Alexander
    Sebastian
    Gabriel

Girls
    Zoe
    Catherine
    Veronica
    Penelope
    Elizabeth

So, some differences, but still mostly the same style, I think. And I still really love all the names on the old list, even if they're not my absolute favorites anymore.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting Catherine "Cate" Ophelia in September 2014!
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity